The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mmm...Stoner doom buzzing in my ears in the wee small hours.
Glad I invested in a decent pair of earphones right about now.
Much love for Spite Extreme Wing.

Been on an SSS kick recently. Great band, great live shows. One of the few new thrash bands worth a ****.

Also, I listened to the Dodsengel album. As I suspected, it's a good album, but they really should've released it as four separate albums. It is FAR too long.
Reply 6602
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Also, I listened to the Dodsengel album. As I suspected, it's a good album, but they really should've released it as four separate albums. It is FAR too long.

Is this that 2 and a half hour album?

**** I keep wanting to bother to listen, what genre etc.
Original post by Betacra
Is this that 2 and a half hour album?

**** I keep wanting to bother to listen, what genre etc.

Aye. It's like DsO at Blut Aus Nord pace.
Reply 6605

Been on an SSS kick recently. Great band, great live shows. One of the few new thrash bands worth a ****.

Good man
So I asked Fen and surprisingly they replied:
Assuming all goes according to plan, October/November this year has been pencilled in.
Nice.
So... recommend me some non-US powerviolence?
Reply 6609
So... recommend me some non-US powerviolence?

Yacopsae?
The Afternoon Gentlemen?

That is literally all I got that's even close haha, sorry

EDIT| Also has anyone heard new Suis La Lune?
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone else got the new Slash album? Imo it's better than his last one, not amazing but pretty ****ing good, Anastasia is my favourite... that intro...
Original post by fuzznbass
I like Amon, I like Death better though

I think Amon is better for viking and melodic death metal where as Death is a bit more different. Basically they seem to be in different sub genres if you get what I mean.
Reply 6612
Definitely decided that my fav album this year so far is Ne Obliviscaris's Portal of I, can't seem to stop listening to it.
Original post by JohnsHatun
I think Amon is better for viking and melodic death metal where as Death is a bit more different. Basically they seem to be in different sub genres if you get what I mean.

Yeah fair enough, its all down to choice , Chuck had a wide variety of influences and that came out in Death
Original post by Betacra
Definitely decided that my fav album this year so far is Ne Obliviscaris's Portal of I, can't seem to stop listening to it.

I thought it was okay. It might end up in the lower end of the top 20 this year for me.

guy needs to hurry up and deliver new ;<

As do these guies

The split last year was disappointing. One 4min song that kinda sounded like it was made just because they had to make it.
Reply 6615
Original post by jerseymackem
Anyone else got the new Slash album? Imo it's better than his last one, not amazing but pretty ****ing good, Anastasia is my favourite... that intro...

The intro to Anastasia is awesome! My favourite has to be Apocalyptic love, though. So good. :coma:
Original post by KiranG
The intro to Anastasia is awesome! My favourite has to be Apocalyptic love, though. So good. :coma:

I agree, I was just in a state of awe when the electric came in on Anastasia! :biggrin:

I quite like Shots Fired as well :cool:
Just got my hands on some Saltillo and Ancestors. Haven't listened to either yet, though I'll post what I think on here post-listen.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6618
Original post by Drunk Punx
Just got my hands on some Saltillo and Ancestor. Haven't listened to either yet, though I'll post what I think on here post-listen.

Monocyte? I listened to that a couple times, really good stuff.

Latest