The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Patriot
BMTH don't try to be grindcore. No they don't. They just don't. Their first album was death, but now it's metalcore. Truth be told, they've kind of taken on their own version of it. Love it or hate it, they are fairly original. Hence why they get so much more hate than similar bands.

I always thought the hate came because of their ****ty fan base and the lead singer being a general ****.
Original post by Dont Tread On Me
I always thought the hate came because of their ****ty fan base and the lead singer being a general ****.

That's not a bad reason to hate them tbh.

Oli Sykes is a knob, and a lot of scene kids follow them which is annoying. But it doesn't change the music.
Original post by The Patriot
That's not a bad reason to hate them tbh.

Oli Sykes is a knob, and a lot of scene kids follow them which is annoying. But it doesn't change the music.

The music is ****ing terrible too.
:lol:
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle

^5
While I'm pretty ****ing tame with my music taste compared to the majority of this thread (metallica, megadeth, iron maiden etc compared to grindcore and stuff which I've tried to listen to, it just doesn't click with me) you CANNOT use BMTH as an example of anything good. They're just tragic.
Reply 6806

Really not my sort of thing at all, and all the old material is utterly awful, but after actually giving the newest album a try I was pleasantly suprised (at least some of the time).
http://stereogum.com/1076271/ash-borer-descended-lamentations-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Hm. The riffs are cool, though none of them stood out as being as great as their previous stuff. The production doesn't seem right. It is definitely more Emperor/Weakling sounding.

Still good but a bit disappointing.

I agree. I liked their 1st album to some extent, but it became boring quick.

Just bought the new Meshuggah album. Brilliant stuff.

been sick
I'm pretty sure the same chord was used for most of the song, but it feels so good in my ears. Some of Bulb's work sounds a lot like Chimp Spanner, I think bits of this one sounded like ermmm Terminus maybe. Also this tone, it sounds exactly like Monuments/Circles now

Reply 6811
Original post by concubine
http://stereogum.com/1076271/ash-borer-descended-lamentations-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Hm. The riffs are cool, though none of them stood out as being as great as their previous stuff. The production doesn't seem right. It is definitely more Emperor/Weakling sounding.

Still good but a bit disappointing.

New Agalloch is up somewhere too, haven't got around to listening to either, not too keen on Agalloch and have only heard the Ash Borer / Fell Voices split.
Original post by adamstandage
New Agalloch is up somewhere too, haven't got around to listening to either, not too keen on Agalloch and have only heard the Ash Borer / Fell Voices split.

Yeah, forgot to put the Agalloch in that post.

I found it quite disappointing also. Oh well. 6_6

I guess I haven't really been disappointed by any BM releases so far this year, so it's about time one of them screwed up. Just sucks that it looks like it's gonna be AB, because that was one of my most anticipated albums (regardless of genre) of the year.
(edited 11 years ago)
The new Deathspell Omega is incredible, amongst the best of their work, though I don't think they'll ever top Kenose which is sublime, "I" is one of the best songs ever. Kenose also has some of the best artwork I've ever seen on a release, always wondered who was responsible for it.

Recently discovered the album Libertus by the band Aptorian Demon, some of the best "traditional" black metal I've heard in ages.

(edited 11 years ago)

Part of it sounds like Admit Defeat...
Reply 6815
I managed to order a copy of 'Portal of I' by Ne Obliviscaris before they all sell out.

'Kenose' is brilliant, but it's not 'Chaining the Katechon' brilliant imo.
"As reported by MetalSucks.com, citing an article on Novinky.cz, Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe was arrested on charges of manslaughter stemming from a "tragic incident" in Prague at a Lamb of God performance on May 24, 2010, which led to a death."

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=82077

"So yesterday pretty Randy advised - and to me this guy brutally kteryho twice topped the podium was sorry . A boiler is solid, too, only more people could go to the Black Label and circle pituuu ..."

"yeah it was .... najeb I personally waited much fuller Abaton, after all the first performances in tourism .... you nailed it the second time, it rang a solid, if guy hit the ground, with that much nejebal"

"Everything OK with that guy who fell down after a stage-push? We saw ambulance late after concert... Cheers from Poland : )"

"nice it roared when he fell down? The boy died after 14 days in a coma from bleeding into the brain!"

"OMG impossible! The vocalist should be sued then... He pulled him really heavily."

http://www.last.fm/event/1419978+Lamb+of+God+at+Abaton+on+24+May+2010 (strong Google Translate)
SMRC + Chaining the Katechon > Kenose + Drought > Fas + Inquisitors of Satan + Diabolus Absconditus > Paracletus >> Infernal Battles

I don't really remember which of the other splits is which without listening.The one with Clandestine Blaze isn't that brilliant IIRC, and the Mütiilation one is better but nothing special.

Pretty cool. If only more bands had interesting videos. Pre-ordered this shiiii
Original post by concubine

Pretty cool. If only more bands had interesting videos. Pre-ordered this shiiii

I discovered these guys a few weeks ago, their website is pretty cool too.

Latest