The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RJA
It will grow on you. An acquired taste :p:

The only thankyou mentioned in the album booklet was his mental institution. :rolleyes:

Many things that annoy me at first tend to grow on me like crazy...within reason anyway :smile:

Y'know I'm actually not sure if I'm even a member of this society or not :s-smilie: *reaks of noob* :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 921
JesterFromHell
Many things that annoy me at first tend to grow on me like crazy...within reason anyway :smile:

Y'know I'm actually not sure if I'm even a member of this society or not :s-smilie: *reaks of noob* :rolleyes: :p:

I don't think you are but if you apply I'll be more than happy to accept you :smile:

miniaturexhero
I'm a complete musical loser, I just listen to whatever people give me hahah.
Currently very much obsessed with Machine Head & In Flames though...

Very diverse music taste though >.<
Any suggestions similar to the above (actually, anywhere between there and...uhm...My Chemical Romance will do, just no metalcore plz =D) is good...I need new music...

Please please don't mention MCR here again! They've become quite an embarrasment in recent times :p:

Dark Tranquility, Insomnium, Arch Enemy, Ill Disposed, Pantera, Children Of Bodom, At The Gates.
I dunno how extreme you wanna go so I'm just naming your basic melodic death bands and we can take your recommendations from there.
Reply 922
Amon Amarth :wink:

Less keyboards more metal.
Reply 923
Not a fan of Amon Amarth, despite listening to them quite a few times. When Keeno comes on he'll no doubt rave about them with you.
Reply 924
I just bought cds by Beecher, Avenged Sevenfold (old stuff) and Raging Speedhorn on ebay :cool:
Beecher, nice.. i hope it was 'breaking the fourth wall' :wink:
Reply 926
No, sadly not. I heard that was good but I went for This Elegy, His Autopsy cause I've actually heard some tracks from it.
aaah.. not bad, but not as good :p:
Reply 928
Meh, I have to start somewhere right? :p: Next up is Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity I think, just for the banter.
ooooooh... good record. Better than Miss Machine.. hows Ire Works? heard it yet?
Reply 930
Yeah, for some reason I didn't think the stuff off Miss Machine was as good, despite it apparently being an amazing album :s-smilie:
Ire Works I've onyl heard a couple of tracks from but I loved them (I think Milk Lizard might have been one of them) so I'll probably get that too.

Oh and I just remembered, Converge - Jane Doe is in the post as I type :biggrin:
SmilerNuts

Dark Tranquility, Insomnium, Arch Enemy, Ill Disposed, Pantera, Children Of Bodom, At The Gates.
I dunno how extreme you wanna go so I'm just naming your basic melodic death bands and we can take your recommendations from there.

Mkay thanks, shall have to check them out.
I have a CD "to buy" list as long as...uhm...something long.
Reply 932
Btw, to all the BM fans here, this compilation introduced me to alot of bands, give it a listen :wink:

http://blackmetalownsyou.blogspot.com/2007/08/black-metal-copilation-11.html
SmilerNuts

Oh and I just remembered, Converge - Jane Doe is in the post as I type :biggrin:

whooooooo :biggrin:
Reply 934
miniaturexhero
Mkay thanks, shall have to check them out.
I have a CD "to buy" list as long as...uhm...something long.

I'm sure the rest of the society can give you better recommendations if you specify more what you like, as opposed to anything metal :smile:
Lol I think we all have equally long lists. I've only got about 100 on my list now though cause I've been on quite a splurge recently :biggrin:
RJA
Btw, to all the BM fans here, this compilation introduced me to alot of bands, give it a listen :wink:

http://blackmetalownsyou.blogspot.com/2007/08/black-metal-copilation-11.html

Thanks.

Anyone a fan of At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours? Some moments on that album just blow me away. Very different from SotS.
Reply 936
PeaceSells
Thanks.

Anyone a fan of At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours? Some moments on that album just blow me away. Very different from SotS.

Been listening to that album a bit recently and it's awesome. Much better than SotS I reckon. Can't wait to see them at Wacken and Bloodstock in the summer.
Reply 937
Will they still be as good now they've reformed though?
They probably won't play much off The Red.. or the rest of their early stuff, but still I don't really want to miss the chance of seeing them live (which I will hopefully be doing at Bloodstock :biggrin:).

Anyone heard Sad Legend - Searching for the Hope in Utter Darkness? Apparently it's a very good melodic bm EP.
Never been a fan of At The Gates... or much melodic metal tbh. From getting into metal i went very quickly straight to extreme doom :biggrin:

Really heavy sludgy hardcore is my thing at the moment.

Anyone here into Baroness? or Torche, Capricorns etc?

Latest