The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Darkened Angel
What are Sonata's best albums?

Definately Ecliptica! I also personally quite like Reckoning Night - maybe not the album as a whole but it's got some of my individual favourite tracks.

Friggerpants
Shame they'll be playing Unia, and associated songs, not stuff like Wolf and Raven, San Sebastien, Kingdom for a heart, and other greats.

I'm pretty sure they'll play Kingdom for a Heart and some of their classics.

On power metal - anyone heard of/listened to Galneryus? Recent discovery for me - some of the best power metal I've heard in a long time.
Black metal rec..

Luror - The Iron Hand Of Blackest Terror
Smoke and Stardust is an awesome depressive bm track.
Reply 1042
lauren_lfc
Cradle of Filth - hallowed be thy name :smile:

I hope you know that's an Iron Maiden song (which is much better :P).

Sonata Arctica are brilliant up to and including Reckoning Night for me. I was disappointed by the new sound for Unia, which, to be honest, bored me. There are some good songs on Winterheart's Guild, but the favourites for me have to be Ecliptica and Silence.

Now listening to a good chunk of Artillery :smile:
PeaceSells
Black metal rec..

Luror - The Iron Hand Of Blackest Terror
Smoke and Stardust is an awesome depressive bm track.

Damn that's a good track. Vocals border on Silencer-styleee but many, many times better imo :smile:
Ooh, Ted Maul are good. Heard a lot about them and now I've finally heard them.
Reply 1045
Anybody praying for Carcass to tour this year?
Darkened Angel
What are Sonata's best albums?

Ecliptica and Reckoning Night
Reply 1047
Generalofthesupersubsquad
Ecliptica and Reckoning Night

:five:

RJA
Anybody praying for Carcass to tour this year?

Praying but I've got a feeling its just going to be a summer festival round =(
Moogen
:five:

You're lucky too, they are also playing your city. :bumps:
Reply 1049
Anyone here heard Alestorm?

They are a pirate metal band from Scotland. They play some quality tunes. Check them out: http://www.myspace.com/alestorm
I was just thinking about Alestrom today actually, cause my flatmate really wants to be a pirate. They're supporting Turisas in Aberdeen so I might get him a ticket.
Also in Sheffield
I don't actually like either band so I wont be going myself though.
Moogen
I really want see Sonata Arctica! Depends on how the £££ situation is over the next few weeks though... I'd quite have liked to have seen them with Jani though! Not that the new guy is bad...but Jani was just cool! Seeing Megadeth that week though which ought to be awesome!

My gig list at the moment is Megadeth, Children of Bodom and Opeth/Arch Enemy =)

Damn it's only £16, just don't buy unecessary stuff for a bit.
Reply 1054
SmilerNuts
I was just thinking about Alestrom today actually, cause my flatmate really wants to be a pirate. They're supporting Turisas in Aberdeen so I might get him a ticket.

Nice one. I missed Turisas last time they played Glasgow because I didnt have any money. Same with Korpiklaani :frown:

Alestorm are quality though. They sound like a Scottish version of Elvenking mixed with Korpiklaani lol.
I'll be seeing Alestorm and Turisas in Sheffield, might even dress up as pirate! :biggrin:
Reply 1056
I found Deadlock - Earth.Revolt in a used CD shop the other week, was well chuffed.

Any other Deadlock fans on here?
Reply 1057
Alestorm are quality. I heard them when they were called Battleheart. They did really well to get signed to Napalm. They are very influenced by Korpiklaani, and one of their demos has a cover of Journey Man :biggrin:
I love Candlelight (the label). That is all. :biggrin:
Peaceville are also good. The end.