The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nah theyre going all the way from Edinburgh and i think theyre staying with friends in London too. Im just getting National Express there and back, its easier! Wanted to spend the day in London but i have to work till 2pm. ohh well.
Reply 1081
When is the last coach back? I didn't think it would be late enough...
theres one at 11.30! gets in at 3am... i was surprised too!
I just hope the gig doesnt run over. It shouldnt, starting at 7..
Reply 1083
You say that...:p:

I expect that when I go to Paganfest I will miss most (if not all) of Ensiferum's set, because the last coach is at 10:30. Luckily, I'm going primarily to see the first three bands (and then they are all at Bloodstock :biggrin:)
Saw Dark Tranquility last night, they were awesome!! :biggrin: And Ominum Gatherrum were really good too, couldn't hear a word the vocalist was saying though but still good.
Reply 1085
New Eluveitie album available for streaming:

www.myspace.com/eluveitie

And a new video!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iijKLHCQw5o

If you don't know them, introduce yourself now!
Darkened Angel
Saw Dark Tranquility last night, they were awesome!! :biggrin: And Ominum Gatherrum were really good too, couldn't hear a word the vocalist was saying though but still good.

Saw them on Tuesday :five:

Omnium Gatherum were good, though I couldn't help but pmsl when it kept sounding like he said "**** you" instead of "thank you". And the song called "The Nail" :rofl:

DT were decent, played plenty of old stuff. Though I've seen them twice now and they've still not played The Endless Feed :mad:
I was quite upset they didnt play Nothing to No One, thats my favourite song by them. Oh well, they were still really good :smile:
Are you sure they didn't play it? I'm sure I remember hearing it :s-smilie:
Well Wolves in the throne room last nigh was awesome! turns out the 11.30 bus to Nottingham actually didnt exist, though i ended up on the bus to derby with a lovely bus driver who offered to drive me home, from derby, in exchange for £1 for some cigarettes!

Absolutely amazing night though.. musically, obviously but also socially. Went to the gig alone, expecting to see about 3 people i know, ended up talking to about 20 people, none of whom id met before but all of whom knew who i am... including Fall of Efrafa, Sunshine Republic, SD's biggest fan and the editor of rocksound. i love how close the UK scene is!
Ooo the editor of rock sound. I'd love to shake his hand. Tis a great magazine ;yes;
Rock Sound sucks :s-smilie:

Though it sounds like you had a great time anyway SD
#zomg#

why does it suck?
I dunno, the few times I've read it I've just not enjoyed it at all.

Normally get Metal Hammer and Terrorizer instead and that's enough for me.
Ah. I like the range that rock sound has. I can read about punk and metal bands in one place.

I'm sure we can agree all of these magazines are better than kerrang :puke:
You're talking to an ex-Kerrang subscriber :redface:

I like punk and metal too, a lot of the more mainstream stuff is covered by Metal Hammer, and then I like more extreme/underground stuff which is where Terrorizer comes in.
I used to read Kerrang. How embarrassing. Terrorizer wipes the floor with it.
SunburnedCactus
I used to read Kerrang. How embarrassing. Terrorizer wipes the floor with it.

In fairness though, how many years ago did you read it?
SmilerNuts
In fairness though, how many years ago did you read it?

True, I'm sure it was a lot better not too long ago.
It was alright in 2004 I seem to remember, I'm not sure when it became crap exactly.

Latest