The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think it is one of their best songs to be honest - i love the live version, much looser and the guitar sounds better.

the took a very good song and made it better!

shame they do not do it live anymore and James voice has lost the necessary grit to do it properly.
Reply 1301
I want to see Dyers Eve live.

Clubber Lang
I never said that but they have enough good songs post Black Album to rival pre-black IMO

Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
Unforgiven
Unforgiven 2
Turn the Page
Bleeding Me

To name a few.

Even pre-Black album i preffered the less hardcore stuff like Fade To Black.

Black Album stuff doesn't count as post-Black album....at least I don't think it does.
Clubber Lang
I never said that but they have enough good songs post Black Album to rival pre-black IMO

Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
Unforgiven
Unforgiven 2
Turn the Page
Bleeding Me

To name a few.

Even pre-Black album i preffered the less hardcore stuff like Fade To Black.

In your opinion, but you're in the minority. Plus you've included melodies there too. Fairly good list though. Funny you call Fade To Black hardcore. Don't know what you'd call the album ...And Justice For All. :biggrin:

Edit: See you've changed the text in your sig after I mentioned it. :p:
Reply 1303
NDGAARONDI
Funny you call Fade To Black hardcore. Don't know what you'd call the album ...And Justice For All. :biggrin:

He hasn't called Fade hardcore - he's saying it's one of the less hardcore stuff that he's saying he likes.
Moogen
He hasn't called Fade hardcore - he's saying it's one of the less hardcore stuff that he's saying he likes.

The softer stuff basically.
Reply 1305
Moogen

Damn just noticed how bad that english was! :biggrin:

Incidently though Fade's my favourite Metallica song or at least one of them.
the problem with the thrash stuff is that for me it often lacks meoldy - they just power on through pretty fast and just lacks a bit of feeling for me.

Master of Puppets and One are great but again I wouldn't compared them to the 'proper' thrash stuff that they did that I don't much like.

IIRC a lot of the hardcore fans didn;t liek FADE because it was 'soft' but its clearly one of their best songs.
NDGAARONDI
In your opinion, but you're in the minority. Plus you've included melodies there too. Fairly good list though. Funny you call Fade To Black hardcore. Don't know what you'd call the album ...And Justice For All. :biggrin:

Edit: See you've changed the text in your sig after I mentioned it. :p:

laughs evily knowing that the black album is wildly the most popular metallica album amongst the general population :wink:
They should listen to Dyer's Eve then. :biggrin:
Clubber Lang
laughs evily knowing that the black album is wildly the most popular metallica album amongst the general population :wink:

General population, not those who follow specific areas within metal. It was only as successful as it was because of Enter Sandman.
still, i am not in the minority tho... i'd say nothing else matters was pretty important as well.
I prefer Sad But True on that album over Enter Sandman. It's a great album, my favourite by Metallica. I dont know their other stuff too well, I'm not a massive fan tbh.
I haven't been in here/on TSR for what feels like ages.
I saw Hawkwind last night, interesting band to say the least :p: Great performance too! Definitely one of the coolest concerts I've been to. I'd recommend you all to go see them if you get the chance, they are amazing live!!
Reply 1314
The new In Flames album is streaming on their myspace. And my word it is boring. I prefer Come Clarity any day and yup I am one of those people who prefer the early material
Dammit. I'm gonna see them live in June so I hope they don't play too much new stuff if it's poor.
\m/
Reply 1317
Keeno89
The new In Flames album is streaming on their myspace. And my word it is boring. I prefer Come Clarity any day and yup I am one of those people who prefer the early material

Indeed new album is very plain. I'm mainly a fan of Clayman/Whoracle/Jester Race but didn't dislike Come Clarity - a different style of Flames but still decent. I'd heard people talking about the new album as a return to Clayman and I suppose I can see where they're coming from but I also prefer Come Clarity to this mediocre crap.

Enjoyed the last few Dark Tranquillity's though.

On another note: just managed to get sunday tickets to reading to see Metallica and the D! Can't afford the whole weekend and the friday lineup also looks awesome but settled on just sunday and then going bloodstock weekend instead!
Hello thread, I have missed you.
Reply 1319
Paganfest on Monday!!!

I am literally dying to see Eluveitie, Tyr and Moonsorrow.... :biggrin:

Latest