The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I once really annoyed someone my comparing My Dying Bride to HIM :smile:
Reply 141
Can anyone suggest any bands that are similar to Lamb of God, Machine Head's latest album (not heard too much of their older stuff) and Devildriver?
Xulfer
Can anyone suggest any bands that are similar to Lamb of God, Machine Head's latest album (not heard too much of their older stuff) and Devildriver?

Last.FM give huge lists of similar bands, http://www.last.fm/music/Lamb+of+God/+similar
Reply 143
Thanks, but that list is a bit useless. Isn't it just made up of the bands from the profiles of people that happen to listen to Lamb of God too? A lot of those bands aren't anything like Lamb of God :frown:

Edit: Think I'd better try Chimaira. Everything seems to be pointing towards 'em.
maybe try Mastodon... not too similar, but alot better :P
Reply 145
Seen them live. They're good, but not similar :p: I wouldn't say better, but different.
Yeah, that list really can't be taken as a recommendation list. Recommending Strapping Young Lad for Lamb Of God is like recommending a pint of Guinness for cat piss.

Looking through the list though, I would say Byzantine are pretty close. I don't know alot of the bands on there though.
ad absurdum
Yeah, that list really can't be taken as a recommendation list. Recommending Strapping Young Lad for Lamb Of God is like recommending a pint of Guinness for cat piss.

Although SYL >>>> Lamb of God by a country mile.

Umm, Darkest Hour, Shadows Fall, In Flames, Amon Amarth off the top of my head.
Lateralus
Although SYL >>>> Lamb of God by a country mile.
I was trying to imply that :smile:. Not that that's not an insult against Lamb Of God, I've heard much worse.
Reply 149
The new Iced Earth album has leaked if anyone is interested.
ad absurdum
I was trying to imply that :smile:. Not that that's not an insult against Lamb Of God, I've heard much worse.

Ah yeah. You did compare SYL to Guinness which threw me off a bit, due to Guinness tasting like my anus after a curry. :P
A delicious image, much appreciated!
SmilerNuts
what weird album? I listened to some stuff off Songs of Darkness, Words of light (?) but wasn't all that impressed tbh.

I think he means 34.7888...% complete, which is indeed a weird album, especially Herion Chic, that song cracks me up every time.

"In, out, baby I don't mind. Nice *******. Nice behind, Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah"

:rofl:
Oh, has anyone heard the new Deathspell Omega release yet? Hoping to get it soon, hopefully will be a great followup to SMRC and Kenose.
Nichrome
I think he means 34.7888...% complete, which is indeed a weird album, especially Herion Chic, that song cracks me up every time.

"In, out, baby I don't mind. Nice *******. Nice behind, Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah"

That's the one. Dear me. The Dreadful Hours more than makes up for it though.
MDB are rather inconsitent... I cant stand the more mellow proggy stuff personally. Songs of Darkness is my favourite by far.. followed by Dreadful Hours. Trinity is good too.

As far as doom goes, im far more into the really extreme stuff. Khanate are ****ing immense.
hey guys, new in this thread, ummm....like bands like 12 stones, Three Days grace, Nirvana, Evanescence, Creed n stuff........so, wot u guys talking abt???
SoundDevastation
MDB are rather inconsitent... I cant stand the more mellow proggy stuff personally. Songs of Darkness is my favourite by far.. followed by Dreadful Hours. Trinity is good too.

As far as doom goes, im far more into the really extreme stuff. Khanate are ****ing immense.

I agree that MDB are inconsistent, however the early stuff (Turn loose the swans, Trinity, As the Flower Withers etc.) far outstrip their later work like Songs of Darkness, which to me appears quite tame compared to their intensely dark earlier work.

I also love extreme doom, but am much more into funeral doom such as Skepticism, Thergothon, Nortt and Worship rather than the more droney Stephen O Malley projects.
Reply 158
hardeep.arora
hey guys, new in this thread, ummm....like bands like 12 stones, Three Days grace, Nirvana, Evanescence, Creed n stuff........so, wot u guys talking abt???

Like anything heavier than those?
akmd
Like anything heavier than those?

tell me the bands!

Latest