Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Going from non-means tested to means tested?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, i'm 24 and I will be starting my first year at uni in September.

    I applied for student finance independently, but they said I hadn't earned enough to qualify, so I still have time to apply with my parents details.

    I rang to ask how to do this, and they said they would send me a form to change my application from non means tested, to means tested - but i'm 95% sure (I mean I could be wrong I don't know) they've sent me the wrong form (they've sent me a Maintenance Loan Request Form)
    can anyone shed some light on this? I've found another form online, Applying for student finance based on household income form, could this be right? I just don't want to mess it up!

    Also, my parents already have accounts with student finance, because they've supported my sister before, if that helps

    thanks in advance!

    It is the maintenance loan request form you need to fill in. There should be a box for you to tick asking to be income assessed?
    • Thread Starter

    Ah thanks! There isn't a box for me to tick - there is a box asking how much maintenance loan i'd like to apply for, then a section for my bank details, and another for two contacts
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.