The Student Room Group

Have I butchered my chances at Uni? (Date of birth in application)

I'm so used to putting down fake dates of birth when signing up for stuff online I accidentally stated I was born on the 21st of October 1990 when I'm actually born on the 21st of October in 1997 (this is for the UCAS application) Am I completely screwed or can I simply shake it off as a filing mistake and have it changed? I don't really want to show that I am an idiot because it is university after all...
Original post by StudentWa97
I'm so used to putting down fake dates of birth when signing up for stuff online I accidentally stated I was born on the 21st of October 1990 when I'm actually born on the 21st of October in 1997 (this is for the UCAS application) Am I completely screwed or can I simply shake it off as a filing mistake and have it changed? I don't really want to show that I am an idiot because it is university after all...

Stop worrying. You have no choice but to correct the facts on your UCAS application immediately and it is easily passed off as a slip of the fingers.

However, you really should stop trying to fool the world - it will lead you into big trouble later on if you don't, even a fraud conviction if you benefit financially from such a lie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending