The Student Room Group

My parents won't let me drop out of university to set up a cattery

My parents aren't being at all supportive, but I want to drop out of university to set up a cattery for while people are on holiday. I have business cards at the moment with a picture of me holding my cat with the slogan, 'while you're holiday, pay me to look after your cat. My number is 'x', can't wait to hear from you! My cats love me and I'm sure your's will too xxx'. How can I get them to see my way of thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
What are you doing at university?

I would say continue with your degree as it will be something you can fall back on if your cattery doesn't go well. I understand why you're eager to start this business but I think it's definitely worth having a back-up plan.
Do you want to drop out of university no matter what happens because you're not enjoying it or it's not for you, or do you just want to set up a cattery?

Dropping out uni is a big decision that isn't to be made on a whim, which is what your parents might be thinking, and you have to consider the money/time you've already invested.
Original post by floury
My parents aren't being at all supportive, but I want to drop out of university to set up a cattery for while people are on holiday. I have business cards at the moment with a picture of me holding my cat with the slogan, 'while you're holiday, pay me to look after your cat. My number is 'x', can't wait to hear from you! My cats love me and I'm sure your's will too xxx'. How can I get them to see my way of thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno ... in this post-Brexit world, it's not like as many people will be able to afford going on holiday. They'll be going to Blackpool and taking their cats with them. Maybe your parents are wise. :holmes:

I think you should finish your degree and then consider setting up a cattery after :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest