The Student Room Group

Have to resit my final year

Hello everyone, I am, unfortunately, one of the few students who have to resit the final year. I had a difficult time in my final year and I am partly to blame as well for leaving revision too late. For next year, I have made plan of what I need to work on but the feeling of going back and repeating the year is making me quite anxious. I hope it gets better with time.I was also wondering if anyone knows about the implications a repeat year will have in the future in terms of application for the specialty training posts. Surgery is competitive as it is, should I forget about surgery?Thank you for taking the time to read this and I really appreciate your responses.
Sorry to hear that. *Well done for reflecting on it and making a plan for moving forward. *You can do this. *I did something weird that meant that I did my 5th year Dec-Dec over 2 cohorts, and heading into a different cohort and doing thing not quite as intended was daunting, but it's ok.
As far as specialty applications go, I don't think that it makes any difference at all. *As things stand at the moment, the decile scores etc that are used for Foundation applications, have no place in specialty applications - there are just too many variables at that stage and people applying from so many backgrounds and walks of life. The only thing that would make any difference is possibly a point or two for the lucky few that get honours.
You can absolutely still do surgery.
Reply 2
Thanks junior.doctor, I really appreciate your response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending