The Student Room Group

How will Brexit affect Bristish Overseas Teritory (dependent) Countries ?

My knowledge on the Brexit talk is solely based on the discussions here on TSR. So far from what I've read, It will affect the European Students but not for another 2-3 years classifying them as International Students. So does this have any impact at all on British Dependant Countries such as Turks and Caicos, British Virgin Islands, Anguilla etc ? This might be a less then important question but I'd just like know.
British overseas territories never depended on the EU as far as I know. Not even the Isle of Man.
Original post by shawn_o1
British overseas territories never depended on the EU as far as I know. Not even the Isle of Man.

But they are dependent on the UK so there is no effect at all due to Brexit ?
Original post by Second_Beauty
But they are dependent on the UK so there is no effect at all due to Brexit ?

There may be an effect on the dependencies' people (all British citizens, thus, all EU citizens for now). Otherwise, none of them are part of the EU so EU rules do not apply.
All overseas territories excepts gibraltar aren't in the eu. We still have a navy to defend them.
Britain's screwed, learn a language and move elsewhere.
Original post by Madeline_H95
All overseas territories excepts gibraltar aren't in the eu. We still have a navy to defend them.

Thanks
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Britain's screwed, learn a language and move elsewhere.

Lol I am most definitely going to try and learn at least two other languages but my only education opportunity (for a reasonable cost) right now is the UK. The college in my country sucks... the degree is not widely known so I have to get the education while I can. I was just worried because I know next to nothing about Brexit and the information I do no is unofficial.
Original post by shawn_o1
There may be an effect on the dependencies' people (all British citizens, thus, all EU citizens for now). Otherwise, none of them are part of the EU so EU rules do not apply.

Okay thanks for clarifying that. I wanted to make sure in case I needed another back up plan...

Quick Reply

Latest