The Student Room Group

Abdomen burst open in public?

I was at a bus stop in the rain and this older man was standing further along and didn't look too good.
A few moments later I head some groaning and crying and saw that this mans stomach or abdomen had burst open or some thing gross :angry: There was all goo, his insides, sick etc dripping out of his rain coat. The man was crying but didn't look in so much pain. Paramedics came patched his abdomen,hooked up a drip and took him away to A&E.

How can this possibly happen it was so gross? What causes the abdomen to just burst like this?
Reply 1
Reply 2
Oh. Gross.

Surgical stitches probably came loose from an earlier operation
Original post by Desi123

You could have at least used the original Alien scene :tongue:
User above beat me to it , bish :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I was at a bus stop in the rain and this older man was standing further along and didn't look too good.
A few moments later I head some groaning and crying and saw that this mans stomach or abdomen had burst open or some thing gross :angry: There was all goo, his insides, sick etc dripping out of his rain coat. The man was crying but didn't look in so much pain. Paramedics came patched his abdomen,hooked up a drip and took him away to A&E.

How can this possibly happen it was so gross? What causes the abdomen to just burst like this?

Did a little baby alien come out?
Reply 6
Didn't want cards for the blood :rofl:
TSR Mustafa

User above beat me to it , bish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjFmM1nM3TM
Go watch alien
Original post by Desi123
Didn't want cards for the blood :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjFmM1nM3TM

Go hard or go home :laugh:
Reply 9
Original post by Desi123

:laugh: :laugh:
Original post by Another
Oh. Gross.

Surgical stitches probably came loose from an earlier operation

Never thought of that. That's most probably what happened. He did look very stressed before his stomach burst, maybe he had left or been discharged from hospital too early?
Never thought of that. That's most probably what happened. He did look very stressed before his stomach burst, maybe he had left or been discharged from hospital too early?

It's also likely that the surgeon did the stitches incorrectly, or a trainee doctor botched them. I hope I've left you with enough confidence in NHS treatment now!

I would also expect that is was something to do with surgery or an already made hole (some people need them for breathing aids and stuff). Its always a chance with surgery that stitche can break or the site can get infected, especially if it's botched a bit.
He would have known what it was causing it and probably be on painkillers so that would also explain him not looking too shocked or in pain. I'd think he was probably discharged too early or it got infected later.

I'm certinally not aware of anything else (other than aliens of course!) that could cause that sort of thing to happen so spontaniously.

It is rather traumatic in some cases seeing that sort of thing, so if you feel like it's getting to you you could always see a counsellor or possibly call a medical help line I think that sort of thing exists) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest