The Student Room Group

Do employers take on 25+ apprentices?

Title.
Looking at various potential apprenticeships but as i'm 25 i'm not sure i will ever be offered one, as correct me if i'm wrong but the business is given no funding to fund my education. In which case they will always choose the younger apprentice.Are there any 25+ people here currently doing one?
anyone?
Reply 2
I'm 28 and got accepted into GE Aviation, apparently they took on a 33 year old last year.
They've just scrapped the age limits on funding so you'll be fine, just depends on your previous qualifications
Original post by jackhaugh
They've just scrapped the age limits on funding so you'll be fine, just depends on your previous qualifications

That can't be true as I went to an IT apprenticeship 3 days ago and was told i have no chance being 25.nce being 25
Reply 5
16-18 year olds are fully funded.19-24 are 50% funded.unless its a big company then its highly unlikely they would want to fund you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ALittleLost25
That can't be true as I went to an IT apprenticeship 3 days ago and was told i have no chance being 25.nce being 25

Maybe it's not due to come in until a certain date but it was announced not so long ago, maybe in the most recent budget.

Quick Reply

Latest