Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your thoughts on these two TV adverts by FRijj milkshake?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hey, as the title suggests I would like to know what you all think of these two adverts by the company who sell FRijj milkshake (links below). I would like to know whether you think they are both effective, make you want to buy the product and any other thoughts on the advert and how it impacted you.
    First advert:

Second advert, available on this website: https://www.theguardian.com/media/vi...8/jul/08/frijj

This is for my advertisement project at college and I would appreciate any replies I can get.
    Thank you!

Hi there

Advert #1 = Generally, the advert is quite effective because of the VIP tickets to Thorpe Park and people like theme parks, so they are more likely to buy it. Plus, the animation of the milkshake bottle will attract kids and teenagers, with the way that its dressed, the advert appears to be targeted at them. Personally, it doesn't make me want to buy the product, because I don't like theme parks and there's nothing really creative or amusing about the advert in my opinion.

Advert #2 = To be really honest, I hated this advert. I know people will be attracted to it because they'll find it funny and nostalgic and it's clever how they've done it like the film, but I find it stupid, annoying and off-putting. This would not make me want to buy the product at all. Plus, the product is usually targeted at kids, but this advert would scare them and put them off buying the milkshake, especially younger kids.

I hope this helps

#1 pretty straightforward promo on theme park tickets - probably appeal to parents trying to think of somewhere to take their kids over summer hols. advertises a (possibly) unique feature of the friij bottle - that you can remove the label easily :unsure:

#2 didn't get really - advertising a new texture but it didn't show me how it's going to improve my milkshake drinking experience. showing a giant blob of food on the road really just made me think about eating something sticky that's been on the floor which isn't really a nice thought tbh.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.