The Student Room Group

Steps to get a driving license?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by super_kawaii
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/minimum-ages-and-rules-learner-drivers-and-riders

I got it a bit wrong. You can apply for a provisional up to 3 months before your 17th birthday, however you will not legally be permitted to book any tests until you actually turn 17. The passing the theory before you can book your practical still applies

oh oki thanks so much :biggrin:
Luckily my dads a driving instructor.

So on my birthday gonna have my first lesson :smile:

Whenever he's free im gonna jump in his car and get him to teach meh! I wanna pass my test within my first year!!!
Original post by Federerr
Luckily my dads a driving instructor.

So on my birthday gonna have my first lesson :smile:

Whenever he's free im gonna jump in his car and get him to teach meh! I wanna pass my test within my first year!!!

Wow that's great! Ur so lucky :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
Wow that's great! Ur so lucky :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! I'm so excited to drive OMG! The feeling that whenever u f eel like munching u don't need to walk it hahaha.

Hehe. I was watching power rangers whilst I was eating for sehri haha. I like my pic too :smile:
Original post by Indeterminate
Apply for a provisional licence
Take lessons and pass your theory test
Pass your driving test

Voila :h:

time to ask an expert :lol:
whats in the driving test :s-smilie:
i know theory test which is multiple choices - defo gonna fail :erm:
and there is a perception test - might pass or might fail :sad:
but i didnt know there is also a driving test, i thought you just take lesson and do all the above and its done :facepalm:
Original post by fatima1998
time to ask an expert :lol:
but i didnt know there is also a driving test, i thought you just take lesson and do all the above and its done :facepalm:

Oh haha i thought the other way;i thought you only had to do the driving test and then done........ Never u would have to learn all those hard stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niv1234
I'm turning 17 in September. I do want to learn to drive but I don't know when, I don't think I'd be able to afford it at the moment. Does anyone have an estimate of roughly how much it would cost to get a driving license?

Around £1,500 would be a fair estimate on the average. There are loads of different sources online that give average costs, but they are usually around the mark that I stated above. It depends on the learner though; I know many 'academically stupid' people who have passed their test easily and many 'academically superior' people can still have difficulty.
Original post by fatima1998

Original post by mediaya
Oh haha i thought the other way;i thought you only had to do the driving test and then done........ Never u would have to learn all those hard stuff

Are you two sure that you're ready?
Could just get a bicycle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Davalla

well thats rude of you :erm: there is no harm asking those who's done it already!
not riding a bicycle
Original post by mediaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

something new to learn :lol:
You get your provisional licence for sarters
Original post by Davalla
Around £1,500 would be a fair estimate on the average. There are loads of different sources online that give average costs, but they are usually around the mark that I stated above. It depends on the learner though; I know many 'academically stupid' people who have passed their test easily and many 'academically superior' people can still have difficulty.

Yeeees am perfectly sure :biggrin:, why? Is it a crime to ask questions :eek:
Everyone on TSR is a criminal then:eek:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, as I've already said, there are two parts to the test-the theory, where you're asked questions about driving, signs and have a hazard perception part, and a practical, where you're judged on your physical ability to drive in real life

It is impossible to book your practical test without having passed your theory test
Original post by super_kawaii
No, as I've already said, there are two parts to the test-the theory, where you're asked questions about driving, signs and have a hazard perception part, and a practical, where you're judged on your physical ability to drive in real life

It is impossible to book your practical test without having passed your theory test

Yes i know since u told me, but i was just saying that i THOUGHT before :biggrin:
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Seems like i wont even get to that point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KittenMediaya
Seems like i wont even get to that point

Posted from TSR Mobile

??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending