The Student Room Group

Over exaggerating about ' failing ' exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
hhaa nope they don't do physics, but i can understand physics people stressing out cause I'm guessing the exams are pretty crazy

It was genuinely so bloody hard. I'm predicted an A*, but I no longer can have such ambitious dreams (as in even if Jesus came down to earth to tell the examiners to give me A*, I wouldnt get one).
Original post by fefssdf
nah but I've seen the model solutions with the paper and attempted the questions again and boy did i make lots of silly mistakes

I feel your pain, my non-calc maths paper was full of those.
Reply 22
Original post by clorenzoni5
I feel your pain, my non-calc maths paper was full of those.

I made this one mistake in a question where I only copied down one part of a dominator on a fraction meaning I couldn't do part b which was worth 5 marks ... So basically that one mistake cost me 5 marks - I couldn't believe it when I realised
Original post by fefssdf
lucky you don't go my school then ; you would get on my nerves hehe

I probably would :wink:
A lot of the times they are lying to make other people feel better.
Original post by fefssdf
I made this one mistake in a question where I only copied down one part of a dominator on a fraction meaning I couldn't do part b which was worth 5 marks ... So basically that one mistake cost me 5 marks - I couldn't believe it when I realised

I got the varnish question wrong, along with vectors and the circle theorem one (had the right answer but changed it last minute -_- ) but yhh, all of my hope is in further maths now.
Reply 26
Original post by clorenzoni5
I got the varnish question wrong, along with vectors and the circle theorem one (had the right answer but changed it last minute -_- ) but yhh, all of my hope is in further maths now.

Ohh you're talking about GCSEs - I'm talking about an alevel maths exam but what I can say is that GCSE boundaries are much lower than alevel ones so you might thing you lost a tonne of marks but will probably still get a decent grade :smile:
I think everyone has a different idea of what a fail for them is. I know you need a C to pass but different people would be happy with different minimum results. Also sometimes I come out of exams thinking I've failed and I end up doing well and vice versa. If your friend genuinely believed what she said I don't see anything wrong with that.
i think im abit like this but i don't do it insincerely, i genuinely think i've performed really bad and could have done so much better and end up surprising myself.
Reply 29
I'd be happy with a B in physics TBH aha :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
So someone I knew last year was like ' omg i know I've got a D in biology ' and i genuinely believed them, yet they came out with an A... and now this year they're telling me that they have ' definitely not got anything higher than a C ' in another subject and I just can't help but think they're lying and attention seeking. it really annoys me cause i wanna be supportive but then I'm not going to bother when i bet they will just get an A again :/

do you know anyone like this ?

The entire f***ing medical school. Literally come out like OMG I'm going to have to resit, didn't get that question on Charcot Marie tooth disease etc then we get our marks and suddenly they're disappointed. Oh well it's life, people are fascinating in different ways. Some are fascinating by how annoying they are. :smile:)
@fefssdf

Sometimes anxiety makes us think the worst of every situation. I honestly thought I'd failed AS Sociology last year based on my grades through the year and I thought I did badly on the exam plus I'd already failed year 12 and was terrified I'd done the same again. Whatever people told me - even people like you - I was convinced. I did admittedly come out with an A and was genuinely stunned - I still am! I didn't say it to make people feel better or 'just in case'.

Sometimes it's the individual circumstances. I wish I could get into a position where my self-confidence is high enough to say I did well at something but I can't which leads me to think I failed - I'm in the same position right now waiting for A2 results. However it does mean a pleasant surprise for me if I find that I did get into my firm!

Quick Reply

Latest