The Student Room Group

headcount of french fluents

hey evryone.. im a gcse student who studies french for my gcses. i am currently at a grade A/B but need to get up to a grade A*. i just want to ask how many of u are fluent french speakers or know french or have done french so in the future then maybe i can get tips? or it would just be nice to know some french or someone who knows the french language!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not fluent in french and have forgotten most of it but I got full marks in my GCSE. From what I remember, you need to memorise your verb conjugations as much as you can - go through the vocabulary pages in whatever texbook your school has provided and learn all the words. Also try listening to french songs and watching french movies in your spare time as much as possible. Amelie is a good film if you don't know where to start. And maybe try reading some french books, ideally one you have already read in English - Harry Potter is a good one.
Original post by tasha_tah
hey evryone.. im a gcse student who studies french for my gcses. i am currently at a grade A/B but need to get up to a grade A*. i just want to ask how many of u are fluent french speakers or know french or have done french so in the future then maybe i can get tips? or it would just be nice to know some french or someone who knows the french language!! :smile:

hiii, i am born in france and lived there for 13 years but then i moved to the uk 3 years ago:smile:
i speak french fluently (although i have started to forget some of the words as i dont speak it as often in the uk)
i would be happy to help you:biggrin:, what do you need help in?

btw, what year are u in? if you don't mind answering:smile:
Original post by mediaya
hiii, i am born in france and lived there for 13 years but then i moved to the uk 3 years ago:smile:
i speak french fluently (although i have started to forget some of the words as i dont speak it as often in the uk)

i know another french person, she knows more than me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mediaya
i know another french person, she knows more than me

I'm a girl ;D

And hello I'm a French native and currently living in France, and I'd be very happy to help if you need me :h:
Reply 5
Original post by mediaya

hey..thanks a lot...im in year 10 btw

also, i have coursework coming up soon so i might just want to ask u a few phrases in the future...is that ok?

ps. ive always wanted to know a french person eeeekkkk :smile:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I'm a girl ;D

And hello I'm a French native and currently living in France, and I'd be very happy to help if you need me :h:

ooh so sorry:redface:, i knew it but i always write he:tongue: (i don't know why??)
i have changed it now:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Bezoar
I'm not fluent in french and have forgotten most of it but I got full marks in my GCSE. From what I remember, you need to memorise your verb conjugations as much as you can - go through the vocabulary pages in whatever texbook your school has provided and learn all the words. Also try listening to french songs and watching french movies in your spare time as much as possible. Amelie is a good film if you don't know where to start. And maybe try reading some french books, ideally one you have already read in English - Harry Potter is a good one.

heyy and thank u for the fantastic advice and tips u gave me.. i really appreciate it!
Reading french books to help me is a good idea , i never thought of that one

ps. i really like harry potter series and especially ur profile pic :wink:
hey..thanks a lot...im in year 10 btw

also, i have coursework coming up soon so i might just want to ask u a few phrases in the future...is that ok?

ps. ive always wanted to know a french person eeeekkkk :smile:

of course, i'd be more than happy to help you:biggrin: but you have to consider that i am starting a-levels next year so i will be busy most of time, so i say sorry (in advance) for all the late replies i will give:redface:
Reply 9
I'm a girl ;D

thank u very much.. i really appreciate this!!

just a word of warning: my french coursework is coming up soon so i may ask u a few phrases :wink:

n if u dont mind me asking u, how old r u?
Reply 10
Original post by mediaya
ooh so sorry:redface:, i knew it but i always write he:tongue: (i don't know why??)

haha lol! thanks anyway!!
haha lol! thanks anyway!!

thanks for what ??
Reply 12
Original post by mediaya
thanks for what ??

introducing me to ur friend
Original post by mediaya
i have changed it now:biggrin:

Aw I see, it's fine, I do it to ! It's because as a native you tend to think "mon ami" -> "le" -> "il" by default , it happens to me all the time :facepalm: :lol: :lol:

thank u very much.. i really appreciate this!!

just a word of warning: my french coursework is coming up soon so i may ask u a few phrases :wink:

n if u dont mind me asking u, how old r u?

You're welcome :h:

It's fine don't hesitate to tag me when you need :yep:

I am 20 ^.^
Hi there :smile:

I've finished AS French and am starting A2 before next year, so I'm also here to help :biggrin:

I got an A in GCSE French by the way
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Aw I see, it's fine, I do it to ! It's because as a native you tend to think "mon ami" -> "le" -> "il" by default , it happens to me all the time :facepalm: :lol: :lol:

I am 20 ^.^

ok::smile:)

I am 20 ^.^

aah i understand now......looks like u know more than me about me :tongue:
introducing me to ur friend

ooh okay, ur welcome :h:
Original post by mediaya
aah i understand now......looks like u know more than me about me :tongue:

Hahaha as a French native as well I can relate :3

I am 20 ^.^

I did not know this Unicorn >.< Comment ca va?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending