The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I guess I'd wear whatever feels right. White is fine, but black, red, gold, silver, blue etc can all be pretty.

I mean, my mum wore a dark green suit to her wedding!
was actually debating this very question myself. i was thinking about the possibility of wearing a black one, but will probably just end up staying with the white and traditional option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would like a white wedding dress. Its traditional and its the only chance i'm going to have to wear one. I find coloured dresses a little Prom dress-y and i want to be older than that when i walk down the aisle. Nothing against it if you want to wear one though :biggrin: all dresses are individual as much as the girl that wears them :biggrin: Congratulations on your expected wedding :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by Samonia
I would like a white wedding dress. Its traditional and its the only chance i'm going to have to wear one. I find coloured dresses a little Prom dress-y and i want to be older than that when i walk down the aisle. Nothing against it if you want to wear one though :biggrin: all dresses are individual as much as the girl that wears them :biggrin: Congratulations on your expected wedding :biggrin:

Thank you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
On my wedding im want to be wearing a traditional maroon lengha with heavy embroidery. I find them so beautiful. Really cant wait till i get to wear one.

Congratulations by the way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Silk-Wedding-Dress-Non-White-Dresses-Red-Knee-Length-Ball-Gown-Floor-Length-Court-Train-Beading.jpg
i kind of like something like this (link if it doesn't show). mostly dark but with bits of white and a wedding dress 'shape' so it's almost like an homage to a traditional dress.
but then again I hate weddings so much I'm not going to subject anyone else to come to the boring ass bit where we actually get married, just the party afterwards so I won't be having a big white church or whatever so there wouldn't really be a 'theme' to fit with...
Reply 86
Original post by sameehaiqbal
On my wedding im want to be wearing a traditional maroon lengha with heavy embroidery. I find them so beautiful. Really cant wait till i get to wear one.

Congratulations by the way.

Thank you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
6_9300F.jpg
OML I love this :love::lovedup:
Reply 88
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
6_9300F.jpg
OML I love this :love::lovedup:

I love the style of this dress. Its kind of mermaid like :h: I wouldn't mind a dress in a similar style but in purple :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I love the style of this dress. Its kind of mermaid like :h: I wouldn't mind a dress in a similar style but in purple :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, yeah it's like mermaid with a some tulle :smile: Too much 'say yes to the dress' on my turf :biggrin: I'll try finding one :wink: Would you like a fade/light purple or a much darker purple? :tongue:
Reply 90
Same, yeah it's like mermaid with a some tulle :smile: Too much 'say yes to the dress' on my turf :biggrin: I'll try finding one :wink: Would you like a fade/light purple or a much darker purple? :tongue:

Much darker purple :tongue: I've got my heart set on this dress atm :love: I'm only 5 foot 3 though so would need a good few inches cut off the bottom to my ankles :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Much darker purple :tongue: I've got my heart set on this dress atm :love: I'm only 5 foot 3 though so would need a good few inches cut off the bottom to my ankles :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhhh cute! That's pretty! I'll try finding onee, I'll let you know when I hit the jackpot! :biggrin:
for ours, as my boyf is in the military, his 2's is brown so its gonna be hard to avoid white but im having mine custom made from 2 differnet dresses so i can still squeeze some pink in to an otherwise white dress
wpid-dark-purple-wedding-dresses-2016-2017-3.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

I found these :biggrin: @Spock's Socks
Reply 94
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

PRSOM, those are all absolutely gorgeous :love: :h:
PRSOM, those are all absolutely gorgeous :love: :h:

Ikr sooo pretty! :smile: Go with your heart and you'll look beautiful in which ever dress you wear! :daydreaming::cute:
Reply 96
I never fancied the idea of a white dress myself. Think I might go with navy when I get married.
Reply 97
Ikr sooo pretty! :smile: Go with your heart and you'll look beautiful in which ever dress you wear! :daydreaming::cute:

Aww thank you :hugs: that's really nice of you to say :h:
Aww thank you :hugs: that's really nice of you to say :h:

No problem, it's trueeee! Your beautifullll :colondollar::h: I know this might be a long time away but let me know which one you choose! :biggrin:
Reply 99
Can finally rep you now for sending me these dresses and giving me some more dress inspirations :h: :love:
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Latest