Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Welcome To Gainezville! Population: Me.

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Here I shall document my 2-month summer journey into strength and aesthetic gains. I've been lifting for almost 2 years but was not all that consistent with it. So, I am still not satisfied with my strength and aesthetic considering how far along I am into my training.

As a result. I've decided to begin a more focused training regiment with a two month linear strength program while on a mini cut. Although cutting while on a strength program may seem a little counter-intuitive, I thought this would be the best compromise for my goals. I've never been properly lean before, and it seems to be a major sticking point in my physique.

I've also recently starting to get into powerlifting. I'm considering competing, but I think the usual age-range I'd be going into is the <23's. I'm not sure whether that includes being 23 or not; if it doesn't then I suppose I'm too late, because I'd need at least a year to prepare and by then I'd have turned 23 .

I'll be running 2 cycles of Jonnie Candito's 4-week linear program over this process.

Weighing 161 lbs (73 kg) (at 5'7):

SQ: 225 lbs x 6 (just over 100kg) (absolutely dreadful considering my other two lifts, really have to figure out why I'm lagging.

B: 198 lbs x 6 (90 kg)

DL: 315 lbs x 6 (just over 140 kg)

Cutting down to 150 lbs (68 kg). However, if it really gets in the way of my program, I'll reconsider the cut.

SQ: 275 lbs x 6 (~125 kg) (maybe even up to 315 lbs/140kg if my lagging is fixed. But in 2 months that's ambitious to say the least.)

B: 225 lbs x 6 (just over 100 kg)

DL: 365 lbs x 6 (165.5 kg)

Day 1 will be Monday July 4th, 2016. The countdown begins...

73 KG AT 23 YEARS OLD IS NOT BAD AT ALL! Keep it up, I root for you! *pulls out pack of donuts* let the games begin...

(Original post by eden3)
    5'7 (more precisely 169 cm) . Realized I missed that and added it in

When it comes to squats frequency is your friend. Check out Texas Method. Or a Lower Body Starting Strength/ Upper Body Texas hybrid since your squats are pretty weak right now and you could definitely make good progress on them squatting heavy 3x a week.*

I'd just eat at maintenance, you're not fat. Cutting is gonna hammer your progression at your strength level as you're not fat.

Abs can come later
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.