The Student Room Group

Advice please anyone (Mental health//Alevel chem+bio )

I'm currently freaking out over chemistry yet again, I'm (i feel as if this is like the 50th time ive said this but hey) depressed and currently in referral to CAMHS, i have been depressed for months but have only just fully appreciated how much its actually affected my academics.

The only subject im 100% with is Psychology, whereas my other two subjects biology and chemistry arent as secure.... Biology I have always been good at and got 93% 's in my two topic test and a B in my mock paper but I am trying now catching up on all the stuff I missed from avoiding lessons and purely not being able to focus/concentrate so there is a lot im not sure of.

As for chemistry (which if you've read any other of my posts is where due to the teacher all my problems stem from). I am a clever student and I was predicted an A* at GCSE, but I just can't seem to do it :frown: and its breaking my heart. I really need an A at A2 for medicine and without it my dream is over and my life is ruined :frown: I missed so many lessons and the lessons I did attend I couldnt focus and I just dont know how to make up for it :frown: I have a tutor but whenever I attempt anything I just freak out and cry .

Could anyone:

A) recommend how I can combat my lack of motivaiton/focus/concentration with my depression?

B) how to revise CHemistry (primarily) /Bio over the summer to get back up to the standard i need for medicine?

I will be taking my ucas prediction making exams in september so I need to be ready for then, please somebody help me its breaking my heart even more. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump :h:

Quick Reply

Latest