The Student Room Group

How much work experience is enough?

Hey guys, I'm hoping to apply for physiotherapy in a few months time and will have had about 12 work experience placements (6 NHS hospitals, 5 private practices and 1 hospice). They have all been in either neurology, cardio-respiratory, paediatrics and MSK outpatients.

I'm wondering whether this may be sufficient and how much experience other applicants have gained?

Thanks!
It's more than enough. The trick is to relate what you found on the placements to physiotherapy key qualities and personal qualities. It's better to pick out a few experiences and expand on them; rather, than to just list experience. They want to know what you learnt. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by MrBean1994
Hey guys, I'm hoping to apply for physiotherapy in a few months time and will have had about 12 work experience placements (6 NHS hospitals, 5 private practices and 1 hospice). They have all been in either neurology, cardio-respiratory, paediatrics and MSK outpatients.

I'm wondering whether this may be sufficient and how much experience other applicants have gained?

Thanks!

My gosh that sounds likes loads! How long did you do them for? And yes I echo the bellow, much better to go in depth - although i'm sure you hand in your cv anyway so they know you've done a lot :smile:

Original post by dwgwilliams
It's more than enough. The trick is to relate what you found on the placements to physiotherapy key qualities and personal qualities. It's better to pick out a few experiences and expand on them; rather, than to just list experience. They want to know what you learnt. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Civility
My gosh that sounds likes loads! How long did you do them for? And yes I echo the bellow, much better to go in depth - although i'm sure you hand in your cv anyway so they know you've done a lot :smile:

They varied between one day and one week - so not very long but hopefully enough to show a variety :smile:

Thanks for your input!
Reply 4
Original post by dwgwilliams

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by MrBean1994
Thanks for the advice :smile:

No worries. If you have any questions, please ask. I was in your place last September. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending