The Student Room Group

Post-exam hand pain :(

hey :smile:
today i had 3 one hour exams back to back and then i had a two hour English exam on Monday. i've found that there has been a lot of pain in my hand, starting with with my thumb becoming numb then my whole hand, followed by it having pain all over up until my forearm. does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

Reply 1
Do some stretches, it's pretty similar to using a computer a lot and getting bad wrists from it, do stretches before and after exams to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injury
Reply 2
Original post by metrize
Do some stretches, it's pretty similar to using a computer a lot and getting bad wrists from it, do stretches before and after exams to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injury

aah okay, thanks :smile:
Original post by bluelemon512
aah okay, thanks :smile:

Also try taking painkillers before the exam, and using some sort of painkiller balm afterwards. I had a 2 1/2 hr exam a few weeks ago and put Tiger Balm on afterwards - you can buy it from Boots and Amazon, it's a mentholated balm for muscular pain and is actually pretty good! But any sort of heat rub or medicated pain relief lotion should do.
Reply 4
Original post by ElspethC
Also try taking painkillers before the exam, and using some sort of painkiller balm afterwards. I had a 2 1/2 hr exam a few weeks ago and put Tiger Balm on afterwards - you can buy it from Boots and Amazon, it's a mentholated balm for muscular pain and is actually pretty good! But any sort of heat rub or medicated pain relief lotion should do.

aah nice, shall do haha. think i've got some of the tiger balm at home. never thought of using it haha. thanks!
Reply 5
maybe haha, we'll see

Quick Reply

Latest