Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Opinions on the universities I am applying for?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi guys, I am applying in September for a deferred entry to the following universities:-

1. Queen Mary University London to study Politics (BA)

2. University of York to study Law (LLB)

3. University of Warwick to study Law (LLB)

4. Cardiff University to study Law (LLB)

5. University of Birmingham to study Politics (BA)

Obviously, they are all Russell Group universities and they are fairly high up in the league tables (some more than others) but I think that league tables never truly represent the universities in terms of student satisfaction, but more so in terms of graduate employment rates and teacher to student ratio. I was wondering whether any of you guys had actually studied at the above or know of people who have studied there so you can provide me with some additional information. I've tried to do my research as best as I can, I've attended various open days, order prospectus', etc. but I am indeed open to further information which will enable me to rethink or reinforce the choices I have made.

Much appreciated! :-)

I'm at QM for law and it's a mixed bag. Mostly good though. Some of the academics are excellent. Most very good. A few poor. Good support. Nice enough facilities. A bit out of the way though. Loads of career develoment extra caricular stuff going on.

Go with your gut on which one you liked the most at the open days. All 5 are in the same league reputation wise so don't worry about that. Plus you should consider what career you want... do you actually want to practice law or not? That way you can knock out the politics ones or vice versa.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.