The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do with my life....

In the long term and the short term. I find everything extremely boring and not worth it. I can't be bothered to do anything and I do wonder why other people are the way they are.
Mid-life crisis in your 20s. Yes, a lot of people are going through this.
Reply 2
Actually I'm 18.
Original post by Anonymous
Actually I'm 18.

Then it may be a mild depression.
Maybe earning money for yourself would be the motivation for you? Plenty of people develop careers and lifestyle because it's sort of become a hobby after a need.
In the long term and the short term. I find everything extremely boring and not worth it. I can't be bothered to do anything and I do wonder why other people are the way they are.

Find a hobby or get back into education if you aren't? Or get a job as someone has mentioned, that way you can save up your money for maybe a car or the latest phone? Whatever makes you happy I guess.
Try and find a goal to aim for. Is there a specific country you have always wanted to visit? Or have you always wanted to go to the Glastonbury Festival? Is there anything specific that interests you like animal welfare ,for example? Maybe you could join a volunteer website, there are a few around, and help out with some worthwhile cause. There are so many different things. I always find that if you put something back to help others on a regular basis[and volunteering is often only for 2 hours a week each week], it not only helps others but makes people feel good about themselves as well. Plus it looks impressive on a CV. Previously I have helped out in a soup kitchen for homeless or people who are having a rough time, and before I broke my ankle I taught dance and movement to young adults with learning disabilities once a week for two hours. Seeing them all performing in the Christmas show in front of their families in the dance routines I had made up for them was so rewarding.

Hey, im also the same. I know I can be something great but I dont have any dreams or passions. I have never had that one talent or ambition you know. I also feel like Im stuck and so unproductive atm.

If you ever want to talk feel free to message me
Actually my 19 year old son is like this. Yes, he is continuing with his education, a HND in September at the local college.This course and the one previously he did for 2 years, the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, only equips you for working in that field. You can't do courses like that and leave college and walk straight into an IT job.Anyway one day last year he came home from college. He told me he didn't want to work in Health and Social Care in any capacity at all and wanted to just get a job in a shop. I was like, WTF ?? Anyway, I said to him I will support him in whatever job he wants to do,as long as it's something that makes him happy. He got DDM for his Level 3 so he's not completely crap at the subject, and Merits for the HNC he has just finished. I'm hoping he completes this HND ,gets a dead boring job in retail somewhere and realises it isn't for him and decides to top up his HND to a full Honours degree. Unfortunately he has very little ambition. And unfortunately his friends are all the same . Except that they have all quit their college courses months ago and are now signing on the dole but not even bothering looking for work. They all smoke weed together and I have said to him in a nice way that I wish he would find friends who are more suitable, and had a bit of drive and ambition. Well that went down like a lead balloon. They have all been friends since the first day of secondary school. I wish my son would want to move away to uni and broaden his horizons and make new, different friends. Don't get me wrong they are all nice enough lads, but they are going nowhere in life and if they don't pull themselves together will achieve absolutely nothing. My heart breaks a little bit when I come on tsr and read about all these different people at uni living full interesting lives,making lots of friends. My son has the same 4 or 5 friends he has always had. I also am pretty sure he would like a girlfriend. He will be 20 in February, and has never had one. Anyway, that's just a concerned parent's viewpoint !

Quick Reply

Latest