The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep, we expected sunny days and all we got was torrential rain and monstrous floods. The weather is messed up.
Reply 2
It's been horribly tropical up here. Bloody roasting all day, but raining - sometimes absolutely pouring down, with thunder etc too.

I bloody hate humidity.
Reply 3
The Communists stole it and transported it to Siberia.

It's jungle like here, hot and humid but overcast. Need some sun soon though.

Wimbledon has been extended before IIRC but they like to have it over by Sunday.
Reply 4
I think england was stolen and replaced by a tropical rainforest with high rises instead of trees and millions of humans instead of the animals.
Reply 5
cloudless
with all the talk of global warming and how this summer was gonna be really hot, i find myself quite disappointed as i look out my window everyday to see rain.

I think you'll find summer was last year. This year it's Spring.

Have you noticed how 'global warming' has been dropped in favour of 'climate change'? Must fit the theory more neatly.

Baff
Reply 6
baffcat

Have you noticed how 'global warming' has been dropped in favour of 'climate change'? Must fit the theory more neatly.

Baff

Perhaps it's because "climate change" sounds more blameless and natural. It's a more nice, fuzzy phrase. Global warming sounds like someone should be guilty.
Reply 7
last year we had hose pipe bans and this year we have floods. does anyone know if a heatwave is expected anytime soon
baffcat

Baff

Global warming referrs to the warming up of the earths atmosphere - that doesnt necessarily mean the weather will get hotter consistently - infact if all the ice caps were to melt the opposite would happen..............:rolleyes:
Reply 9
I Hate to add rain rain and rain to the well... anyways, The met office said that We are only going to get 1 day of sunshine this summer and that is on the 15th of july. Mexico anyone? :P
I cant say Im too bothered by the weather actually. Im not very fond of summer on the whole, and this awful weather is a good deterrant for keeping in people who would usually go out clubbing on a friday and saturday night- This makes my job behind the bar in one such establishment far more pleasent :biggrin: and I pray it continues if only on friday and saturday evenings lol

Of course id probably change my mind if I was someone who was affected by flooding.
Reply 11
Pfft - they call this Summer? It's July and I haven't seen a spot of sun!
Lib North
It's been horribly tropical up here. Bloody roasting all day, but raining - sometimes absolutely pouring down, with thunder etc too.

I bloody hate humidity.

agreed whole heartedly, bring on the sun

louisedotcom
I cant say Im too bothered by the weather actually. Im not very fond of summer on the whole, and this awful weather is a good deterrant for keeping in people who would usually go out clubbing on a friday and saturday night- This makes my job behind the bar in one such establishment far more pleasent :biggrin: and I pray it continues if only on friday and saturday evenings lol

Of course id probably change my mind if I was someone who was affected by flooding.

youd also change your mind if your club goes under due to you wanting an easy time of it at work lol :p:
Reply 13
i propose we form a gurella movement and attack the clouds that have destroyed our homes and ruined our plans.
we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and flooding, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the TSR Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old and wet
dh00001
i propose we form a gurella movement and attack the clouds that have destroyed our homes and ruined our plans.
we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and flooding, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the TSR Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old and wet

I propose that we learn to spell correctly.
I'm just irritated as all the cricket is being cancelled.
Reply 16
Multiplexed

i will send you a letter when i care :smile:
Reply 17
Multiplexed

At least he didn't spell it 'gorilla' - I've seen it happen.
The eskimos stole it and are currently having a party whilst they decide how much to hold it ransom for.
Reply 19
It makes getting dressed a pain, outside it looks like it should be cold so you wrap up, you walk about 5 paces then the sun comes out and you start getting hot, so you take off your jacket and then it rains so you have to get out your sodding umbrella, while confused umbrella-less passers-by walk right into you despite you not being able to see them coming. And it all happens in the space of about one minute after having left the house.

Latest

Trending

Trending