The Student Room Group

Why am I always right? :(

I don't mean this in a good way but about 90% of the time, I'm right about everything.... That's mainly because I don't open my mouth unless I'm sure about something and never say anything else otherwise.

I hate being like this, though. It's so frustrating because even though I'm so careful at what I say no one still believes me whenever I say something, they just ignore me like I don't exist. I hate thinking things through and never wasting my breath to say anything trivial when I'm living in a world where I'm surrounded by irrational idiots.

Let me re clarify: I hate myself more than everyone else because I'm not like them. I do not think I'm better than anyone else because I'm not. I call these people irrational idiots but they're also completely happy and fine with living, whereas I'm not. I do not see the point of living as a rational thinker in an irrational world that doesn't want to hear it.
U are Unique why not to stand alone
Original post by Anonymous
I don't mean this in a good way but about 90% of the time, I'm right about everything.... That's mainly because I don't open my mouth unless I'm sure about something and never say anything else otherwise.

I hate being like this, though. It's so frustrating because even though I'm so careful at what I say no one still believes me whenever I say something, they just ignore me like I don't exist. I hate thinking things through and never wasting my breath to say anything trivial when I'm living in a world where I'm surrounded by irrational idiots.

Let me re clarify: I hate myself more than everyone else because I'm not like them. I do not think I'm better than anyone else because I'm not. I call these people irrational idiots but they're also completely happy and fine with living, whereas I'm not. I do not see the point of living as a rational thinker in an irrational world that doesn't want to hear it.

No problem about being right about things as long as you don't rub it in others faces, are respectful of others and are willing to learn about stuff you don't know from others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me about it, I actually hate it because it makes me seem big headed
r/iamverysmart
Sounds like you are a perfectionist and high on neuroticism but you'll row out of it :smile:
Its alright to be smart. it sounds like youre an extremely logical person with a relatively high IQ. This can be frustrating because not everyone is on your levels and a lot of people speak before they think. seek empathy with others, theyre not below you just because theyre different. their heads just work differently. find comfort in being right usually, and if you hate it, do something very challenging or a new course you know nothing about.
Stay humble.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I don't mean this in a good way but about 90% of the time, I'm right about everything

90% of the time =/= always.

Quick Reply

Latest