The Student Room Group

Summer job advise- how hard would it be for me to get a part time job?

Hi there, so I've finished college this year and looking for Summer work, I've had two previous long term jobs in retail and was also a part of the young enterprise, as well as doing a fair amount of extra curricular activities. I would kind of like a job my the end of this month. The thing is, I've been looking for around two weeks and I have a job interview tomorrow, but I've found out that its in the stock room (at river island) and I really don't want to work in the stock room, I've applied to more jobs, and will keep applying. My question is should I take the risk and not take this job (assuming I get offered) or do you think It's worth waiting and that I'd be more than likely to get a job I'd rather do?

Also, I know this is probably the wrong forum except I have no idea how to put this in the career section
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by someone24
Hi there, so I've finished college this year and looking for Summer work, I've had two previous long term jobs in retail and was also a part of the young enterprise, as well as doing a fair amount of extra curricular activities. I would kind of like a job my the end of this month. The thing is, I've been looking for around two weeks and I have a job interview tomorrow, but I've found out that its in the stock room (at river island) and I really don't want to work in the stock room, I've applied to more jobs, and will keep applying. My question is should I take the risk and not take this job (assuming I get offered) or do you think It's worth waiting and that I'd be more than likely to get a job I'd rather do?

Also, I know this is probably the wrong forum except I have no idea how to put this in the career section

You'll probably get more help with this in the part time/temp jobs forum (linked here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148).

Just start a new discussion in that forum and copy and paste this message into there.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ROC10
You'll probably get more help with this in the part time/temp jobs forum (linked here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148).

Just start a new discussion in that forum and copy and paste this message into there.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you I was wondering how to movie it
Reply 3
Original post by someone24
Thank you I was wondering how to movie it

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending