The Student Room Group

Interships in a gap year?

I will be doing a gap year, so I wanted to know if it would be okay(if I have a good chance of being accepted/not rejected because I am not currently in a Uni) to apply for summer interships etc because all I see if you have to be a first year Uni student etc to apply for the good summer interships and I can't really find any for people on gap years, bit confused
Original post by Maths help pls
I will be doing a gap year, so I wanted to know if it would be okay(if I have a good chance of being accepted/not rejected because I am not currently in a Uni) to apply for summer interships etc because all I see if you have to be a first year Uni student etc to apply for the good summer interships and I can't really find any for people on gap years, bit confused

Most of the gap year schemes closed their recruiting earlier this year. Anything you get now will have to be informal/via networking.

And you generally have to be a penultimate (second year on a three year course, 3rd year on a four year course) year student and above to apply for internships

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Most of the gap year schemes closed their recruiting earlier this year. Anything you get now will have to be informal/via networking.

And you generally have to be a penultimate (second year on a three year course, 3rd year on a four year course) year student and above to apply for internships

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no I am so screwed now. Just saw the HSBC work experience placement thing and you cannot apply if you are not in sixth form or secondary education. Rip my gap year, probably going to go to waste. Wish I had been more proactive about my gap year and looked at placements etc earlier :frown:
Original post by Maths help pls
Oh no I am so screwed now. Just saw the HSBC work experience placement thing and you cannot apply if you are not in sixth form or secondary education. Rip my gap year, probably going to go to waste. Wish I had been more proactive about my gap year and looked at placements etc earlier :frown:

do volunteering for charities dont be a wasteman, yes banks like it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending