The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for 2016 entry?

Hey, I'm 23 and thinking of going to university and was wondering if it's definitely too late for entry this year. Can I just go through clearing or something or will I have to wait for 2017 entry?
Reply 1
I'm pretty certain it's not too late, you haven't even got to apply through UCAS. A couple of years ago, my friend's brother called up Nottingham on results day and managed to get a place to study maths, despite the fact he hadn't applied for uni at all that year.
Original post by LaszloPanaflex
Hey, I'm 23 and thinking of going to university and was wondering if it's definitely too late for entry this year. Can I just go through clearing or something or will I have to wait for 2017 entry?

I just sent off my application a few hours ago. 6PM today is the final deadline, so if you havent got a personal statement and a reference ready, then no, you cannot apply, however you can still get a uni place through Clearing but you dont get to send your application to unis this way, you will have to call up unis who have courses available and ask if they would take you. If one of them says they will take you, you add it to your UCAS application and thats it, you have a uni place.
What course are you thinking of doing / what grades do you have?
No it isn't too late but it is best to use clearing for 2016 entry which is available now. See what courses have places available first then apply. Good luck!
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest