Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Thinking of getting a job as a Deliveroo Cyclist in Oxford - any info welcome!!!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I have just finished my A2 exams and have realised this summer may be incredibly boring if I don't find a job.

I like the idea of Deliveroo, as I could choose my hours (i.e. wake up late) and it would be outdoor and active. The pay doesn't seem to bad and I even read that you could get free food while waiting for orders. This all seems a lot more fun than just working in a shop for example.

Is anyone else thinking of doing this, applying or already working 'for' deliveroo? - i use inverted commas as it is technically being self-employed.

If anyone does already work as a deliveroo cyclist, what's it like, are customers and resaurant people friendly, is the company friendly. Also i have read that you have to pay for the equipment like the clothes, boxes and phone charger, is this true and if so how much?

If you know anything at all about the job I would love to hear!!

Yh I'm thinking of applying too. I have a BMX but I have a good feeling I'll need a mountain bike or something of that type. From my research the workers seem to love it but society seems to hate them, but society complains a lot especially in the UK. If its not you they're complaing about its someone else. From research Customers mostly like them but some are really unreasonable. I read someone complained that they won't be able to have dinner with their dad for the next few months because a courier was late, when the courier was actually on time.I heard you get a free battery pack which is nice because I thought I was going to get my own. I'm just currently working out the cost of things I'll have to get for myself before deciding if its actually worth it.My main worry is how a very small group of people that are "employed by them" are talking.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.