The Student Room Group

Address issues

I have completed my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (D*D*D*, yet to receive certificate) and am looking to start an apprenticeship in software engineering/development in order to gain work experience.

The problem is I intend to move to move to live with my boyfriend who lives about 200 miles away (relatively close to Manchester) while I am currently living near London.
When using websites to apply for apprenticeships online (such as the government find an apprenticeship service), am I allowed to use my boyfriend's address (which I intend to move to shortly) when applying or will I have to use my current address? I feel I will be auto-rejected by most employers (likely reason behind previous rejections) if I stick with my current address on applications, however I am hesitant to put my future address as I'm worried that this would count as some sort of lie and therefore be rejected for lying on my application.

I believe some companies may have a quota of local people to hire so would rather take a local for such a position than someone relocating.
Also I don't know what's legally required to move house and nobody seems to be able to tell me so any advice on this would be helpful thank you.

TLDR: Moving to boyfriend's house 200 miles away, can I put this address on an application for an apprenticeship? Also what is required to legally move house? Thank you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Nobody knows if I am allowed to put a future address as the address on my profile for job application sites?
In addition are any legal steps required for me to move?
Nobody I know seems to be able to give me a definite answer.
I am 19 and have been living with my mother so I haven't been paying any council tax or anything like that, child benefits are due to stop soon but I'll be moved out by then.

I will simplify the OP so that the main points are more prominent and less relevant information is removed.

Quick Reply

Latest