The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation at Brakenhurst

HiI am unsure whether I want to commute to university (approx 1hr away) or to live in halls? I f I decided I wanted to move into accommodation halfway through 1st year is this possible to do so if the whole commuting thing does not work out? Thanks Rebecca
Original post by rebecca218
HiI am unsure whether I want to commute to university (approx 1hr away) or to live in halls? I f I decided I wanted to move into accommodation halfway through 1st year is this possible to do so if the whole commuting thing does not work out? Thanks Rebecca

Hi rebecca218,

There are advantages and disadvantages for commuting to university. You would have to get up much earlier, lots of travelling during the day, and be much more organised because of the travelling (if you forget something, you can't just go back and get it).

However, living at home is cheaper and you get to keep your home comforts, and commit to a job during the weekends etc.

At the end of the day, it's completely your decision. However, to answer your question, if you did decide halfway through the year that commuting wasn't for you, if a room was available (someone had dropped out etc.) then you would be allowed to move into halls. However this isn't guaranteed, so it would be a risk.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions just let me know :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending