Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Change from part-full time

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    After a long hard think I have decided to go for starting my career in working with children!Firstly I was doing it part time so I've applie ect. Now my partner is fully baking me and thinks full time would be better!Can I change my finance form and my open university to full time?ive applied for part time loan - is it possible to change to full time from a part time loan - is it possible to change to full time with the uni?


    This is possible, but slightly more difficult than applying for the loan online.

    It's called "Increasing your study intensity". The OU doesn't talk about it much, but what they say can be found here: http://www2.open.ac.uk/students/help...our-modules-q1 (you may need to be logged in to see that.)

    In addition to registering for the new module with the OU, you'll need to contact Student Finance, and at some point it's going to involve paperwork. The FAQ that was sent with my loan documents includes this jewel:

    What do I do if I want to change the amount of Tuition Fee Loan I have Requested?
    The quickest and easiest way to increase or decrease the amount of the Tuition Fee Loan you would like, up to the maximum awarded, is online. Just log into your account at www.gov.uk/studentfinance

    Except there's no option to do anything like that there. There's a form to make changes to your application, but the sections only expressly cover changes in circumstance: Name, address/contact details, university, or changes to your course (not including modules or study intensity). It says that if the details you want to change aren't included on the form, you should note the changes in the 'Additional changes' section. (Note that you don't have to worry about Section 6.)

    This agrees with me remembering that you simply had to write a letter telling them of the desire to increase your study intensity and the details thereof, but I can't find that link again. And if all else fails, you can just contact Student Finance directly. http://www.slc.co.uk/contact/customer-enquiries.aspx

    Oh, also I noted that you asked about changing from a part-time loan to a full-time loan. All loans for the Open University are part-time loans, regardless of the study intensity.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.