The Student Room Group

Sixth Form HELP

Im going to start sixth form in September and need to buy a suit now for induction days and work experience etc. However i am wondering whether i should buy a black suit or not. This is the only colour i can find in my size although i am aware it may look too dark.

Do people wear black suits to sixth form?
I wore a black one, for gods sake don't buy a waistcoat, my friend bought one and we just took the piss all year.
Reply 2
Original post by TSR778899
Im going to start sixth form in September and need to buy a suit now for induction days and work experience etc. However i am wondering whether i should buy a black suit or not. This is the only colour i can find in my size although i am aware it may look too dark.

black is really boring... I'd go for something like navy or grey.. you don't want to get too hot by wearing black all the tim e

Wear pink suit. Lol noone wears one at my college
Reply 4
Original post by TercioOfParma
I wore a black one, for gods sake don't buy a waistcoat, my friend bought one and we just took the piss all year.

Did you friend mistake sixth form, for a two year long wedding... I don't blame you for laughing
Reply 5
Check the uniform requirements for the sixth form to give you an idea of what to wear.

I wear a black one to school and on some days I just wear black on black or black and white.

Black is totally fine. At my brother's sixth form, most of the guys wore black, dark grey, or dark blue suits. I second the warning against waistcoats as it sounds as though life was not worth living for the one boy who insisted on wearing one. Also, don't wear tartan or otherwise patterned suits for the same reason.
Reply 7
I've always gone for a casual/smart look, even for work experience which was in parliament. I don't like business suits. I wear black chinos (jeans sometimes), white shirt and I have one with black buttons just little stuff like that which vary, random tie (finding cool ties is the fun part) and I have several Blazers most of which are blue, I have 1 black but I hardly wear it. My favourite blazer is blue but the collars are black and it looks well sick

Quick Reply

Latest