The Student Room Group

Pass plus!!! Will it actually be worth the money?

Hi guys!
Ive been driving for just under a year now( passed last september) i am comming up to the end of my first years insurence. I have been told if i take pass plus my insurence for next year will decrease in price a lot. Will this only advantage brand new drivers or will i save money on my insurance too?
it depends. Pass Plus is about gaining confidence with driving and doing stuff like driving at night, on motorways, and in worse conditions. If you've done all that then from an educational point of view it probably isn't worth it.

You should go on GoCompare, CompareTheMarket, or similar websites, and add that you have Pass Plus and see whether it makes a higher decrease than the amount you have to pay for the course.
Original post by EnglishEllie100
Hi guys!
Ive been driving for just under a year now( passed last september) i am comming up to the end of my first years insurence. I have been told if i take pass plus my insurence for next year will decrease in price a lot. Will this only advantage brand new drivers or will i save money on my insurance too?

Pass plus very unlikely to decrease your premiums by a decent amount. You might get a 5-10% discount for doing your IAM test though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!

It isnt worth the money at all. I wouldnt bother.
Not worth the money, you probably learn more just driving out on your own or with a parent.

Also hardly any insurance companies recognize it these days as a means to reduce your insurance.
Original post by Alfissti
Not worth the money, you probably learn more just driving out on your own or with a parent.

Also hardly any insurance companies recognize it these days as a means to reduce your insurance.

Yes see its not that i need the experience ive been driving for a long time anyway i just wanted to try to lower the cost of insurence as it costs about £1000 a year!! Its rediculous
Yes see its not that i need the experience ive been driving for a long time anyway i just wanted to try to lower the cost of insurence as it costs about £1000 a year!! Its rediculous

It isnt worth it cost wise. Quite a few companies dont accept it and the ones that do dont knock nearly enough off to make it worth doing it.
The cost of insurance is a bit stupid i know, but for the first year you just have to bite the bullet a bit and pay it. Once you have a years no claims (and a bit of experience) under your belt then it will start to go down quite a bit.

Quick Reply