Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I text him or not?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly three weeks. We rarely talk online as he works everyday (apart from friday). He went out last night with his friends and we stopped talking at 10.30 pm. He haven't message me all day until now, I do know that he only just finished work at 8pm. I've seen him online during his breaks. I was the last one to text on the phone...so I don't know if I should text him or wait until he text me?

This is kinda funny, excuse me. You need to understand that there could be many variables as to why he didn't text you, Im sure work isnt the only thing in his life which results in him being busy. It's actually nothing to worry about in relationships somedays you talk less and on others for 6 hours. Dont start getting ideas in your head that he doesnt care about you etc. If you do feel you need to talk to him, by all means message him or call him, no one can tell you what you should do. Honestly life is too short to worry about these small things which will be forgotten in couple of mins ...

Just text him. You're in a relationship, it's normal. On my breaks at work I usually check whatsapp/facebook but don't bother responding to messages etc until I'm done so I wouldn't take that personally.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.