The Student Room Group

Omg I hate working and having a job

One of the worst things to happen to me, basically a slave Im owned by the company. I dont see any difference between having a job and slavery. Im being held against my will, if I quit I do not eat thus I die.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah dis is why schools n colleges etc. all try to direct you towards a job you will enjoy as it will devour at least 35 hours of your week for 30+ years of your life :/
Original post by AsapRocky
One of the worst things to happen to me, basically a slave Im owned by the company. I dont see any difference between having a job and slavery. Im being held against my will, if I quit I do not eat thus I die.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look on the bright side, in another few decades you can retire. Or maybe you'll win the lottery or marry money before then :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Inexorably
Yeah dis is why schools n colleges etc. all try to direct you towards a job you will enjoy as it will devour at least 35 hours of your week for 30+ years of your life :/

I dno, when you think about it job roles are limited there are few categorise to choose from its either STEM or customer service.. What if these 5 job types do not appeal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Platopus
Look on the bright side, in another few decades you can retire. Or maybe you'll win the lottery or marry money before then :wink:

Oh great so slave for 90% of your life then use the 10% waiting to die. Lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you are a slave then i think you dont get money and if you are working for someone then you get paid for it :unsure:
better to work otherwise you'll die :redface:
Reply 6
I dno, when you think about it job roles are limited there are few categorise to choose from its either STEM or customer service.. What if these 5 job types do not appeal

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can go beyond that, there are a multitude of jobs and you can always shape something around your passion. Yes it's sometimes incredibly hard (certainly anything to do with arts like musician/author/painter etc.) but it's not impossible :smile:
Oh great so slave for 90% of your life then use the 10% waiting to die. Lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile

The harsh truth is that the only time when we don't have to work, we're either too young or too old to appreciate how lucky we are. Such is life.
Reply 8
Original post by fatima1998

better to work otherwise you'll die :redface:
so slavery then..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
my god could some of u be optimstic pls :frown: take this from someone who spent 2 years in *****y dead end temp jobs and is now actually doing something about his very confusing future.
Reply 10
Original post by Platopus
The harsh truth is that the only time when we don't have to work, we're either too young or too old to appreciate how lucky we are. Such is life.

This is the attitude we must erase from human culture. If we all stand together we can change this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
so slavery then..

Posted from TSR Mobile

nooo its work! you are getting money for it
Then live how people back in the day lived. Buy a farm and work for yourself
Reply 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then quit and get someone to financially support you. I quit ages ago and I'm finally free #freedom
The only way out of slavery is to pursue something you're good at and that you like. If you don't have such thing, then only blame yourself.
im triggered

Posted from TSR Mobile

You remind me of those two btw
[video="youtube;_CwfCBa6PSM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CwfCBa6PSM[/video]

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think its very disrespectful to compare yourself to a slave. you dont know what its like to be transported for weeks in a cramped ship like sardines then to be sold to do excruciating labour for the rest of your life. you get paid, you have free time and luxuries. stop whining, i dont have any remorse for people like you. maybe you should have worked harder in school or follow a passion of yours. you reep what you sow.
Reply 18
We all have to contribute to our society and economy in some shape or form, and working is not the same as slavery; it is a positive way to contribute to so with and you are rewarded for it.

Some prefer to contribute through working for someone else, others prefer to contribute by directly growing the economy by creating a business and thus jobs for others. To me, it sounds as though you are one who does not like to work for others, and thus I would advise you to find something you really feel passionate about and that we need as a society, and make a business out of it. You can be your own boss, provide others with jobs that they so desperately want and it will be a really positive move to grow our economy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not everyone likes working. but do you know what sucks even more? Having bills to pay and no job. At least with a job you can pay your bills and do stuff in your spare time.

Quick Reply

Latest