Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

wrong start date on the PG online application

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

hey guys

Please help me I have a very important issue to solve. basically I'm an EU student (Italian) and I submitted my Postgraduate Loan application a couple of days ago, when completing it I selected my MSc course and the system showed me as starting date that was not correct (the 3rd october instead of the 26th september), but as I couldn't do anything I just continued and submitted the application. today I asked the Uni about this thing and they actually told me that it was actually a mistake and that they'll correct the date. indeed they corrected it and now it's finally the 26th september, however on my application I still see the 3rd october and I can't do anything to change it so what am I supposed to do now to correct it ? I know that it's a very important thing as the first payment will be sent depending on the start date of the course..

thanks to whoever will respond

Hi sara_z

As long as the university have the dates amended before your start date, the payments can be made on time.

[QUOTE=Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser;66211577]Hi sara_z

As long as the university have the dates amended before your start date, the payments can be made on time.

thanks Mark for the reply
    yes the University just amended the starting date on the system, so what you're saying is that I should be fine ? and that maybe SFE will automatically see the different date on my application and will update it ? if yes I hope so.
    if I may ask you I have another question: I just submitted my application and sent the signed declaration form. on the to do list at the end of the application it was said that they'll send us a letter with all the evidence documents that we shall send them, but in order to speed up the process I thought of sending them for example the certified copy of my passport (with their checking list) now before they send me that letter.. do you think that it would be ok or should I wait for them to ask me for it first ?
    thanks a lot !!!!!!!!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2016
I want...
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.