The Student Room Group

Too worried about my A level results

I know there isn't anything I can do to but I can't help but worry about them day and night.... It has got to the point where I can't fully enjoy my summer :frown: I'm a perfectionist and have a tendency to worry about the most trivial things lol, so the wait from now to the 18th Aug is terribly excruciating... Only if there is a medicine to help me forget my A levels until results day :'(
Original post by QueenOfNachos
I know there isn't anything I can do to but I can't help but worry about them day and night.... It has got to the point where I can't fully enjoy my summer :frown: I'm a perfectionist and have a tendency to worry about the most trivial things lol, so the wait from now to the 18th Aug is terribly excruciating... Only if there is a medicine to help me forget my A levels until results day :'(

At the end of the day these are just letters on a piece of paper. Did you prepare to your fullest? If so then well done, no need to stress.

Didn't prepare, or could have been more prepared? Your results don't matter, aslong as you know why you went wrong, remember it isn't the end of the world. You can always retake, just think of it as an extra break before university.

So enjoy your life, do stuff,set up outings with your friends , go eat some nachos, the future version of you will deal with everything else, and remember failure will make you stronger,

Best of luck (can I have rep)
Totally normal feeling. Let it pass, unless you over analysed your paper and the grade boundaries you can't be entirely sure about how you did. No point moping about it now, enjoy the summer and worry later. At the end of the day, worry or not, you will get the same grade, the only difference is if you enjoyed your summer or not by letting the thoughts get to you.

At least you're just worrying about trivial things! I made two small but epic mistakes with misreading the question in my exams which I now KNOW I made and I KNOW will lose me up to 40% of my marks in one subject and up to 25% in another. Now I need to wait until the 18th in the painful knowledge that I will meet neither my firm nor insurance offer.

Until results day, as Elsa says, the best thing you can do is:

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

If it's really that serious and you're extremely anxious/panicking about it, beta blockers such as Propranolol or Diazepam help. You'd need to get it prescribed from your GP and you'd probably only get the minimum dosage.

However, if it's not as serious, try to distract yourself - do something you love or find something to teach yourself.
Thank you everyone for your super kind words and support, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately I am not the best in keeping calm/dealing with stress, but I will keep your advice in mind XX

Quick Reply

Latest