The Student Room Group
Reply 1
First year: 8 hours
Second year: 10 hours
Third year: 6 hours.

I've usually had two days off a week, and the rest have been spread out throughout the week (and lots of 9am starts unfortuantely :frown:)
Reply 2
We usually just had two one-hour tutorials and a two-hour class per week (all on different days), plus whichever lectures we fancied going to.
Reply 3
Hi Mischief!

It's impossible to generalise - it varies with institution, term, papers chosen, personal work habits...
My timetable probably works out at 2 or 3 1-hour supervisions, one or two 90 min classes, and maybe 5 lectures a week. Which is about 11 hours overall. Spread over 5 days (unless there's a freak day with nothing, though that doesn't happen often). Lectures aren't compulsory at my uni, though, so some poeple might go to 8 a week, others might go to none - depends whether they get anything from them or not!
We also have loads of flexibility re: when supervisions are, so it's possible to make our timetables pretty personal.

But it really does vary from place to place and person to person - sorry, that's a bit useless!
Reply 4
In my first year I had 9 hours a week, spread over five days
In my second I had six hours, spread over 3 days in my first term and 2 in my second (which was nice!)
Next year I have six hours a week too (4 in my second term if I do a dissertation), but spread over 4 days.
Reply 5
I had 9 hours per week in first year, 3 one hour lectures and 3 two hour seminars straight after the corresponding lecture, spread over 3 days. In the second year i'll be in 9 hours again, but only over one full day and one half day x

Latest

Trending

Trending