Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

which residence ??

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    hello, I'm going to study at Cardiff Uni this year as an erasmus student and I really don't know which residence to choose first ! I was thinking of senghennyd court, then column hall and then Talybont court. The thing is I'm reading everywhere that talybont residences (north and south) have the best social atmosphere but I found them really far from the campus and walking for 30 min after a night doesn't excite me a lot ! But then, I don't hear a lot about senghennyd and column hall and I'm afraid to be bored there...
    That's why I need some advice ! Thank you !


    The Senghennydd complex is right in the middle of the city and are very large so provide a great social experience. Only problem is that they're a bit older and more run-down than other residences.

    Personally, I'd go for Talybont - the halls are newer and again are great for socials (they include their own on-site bar!). And I wouldn't worry about the distance as walking takes no time at all and taxis are very cheap in Wales - between a few of you on/ after a night out I reckon you'd still get home for under £1 each!.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.