The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by M451
TimeSplitters! I remember spending hours on end on TS2 on a Playstation 2 many years ago. It's one of my most memorable, along with other minor PS2 titles such as Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters Colosseum.More recent games have to be Deus Ex: Human Revolution and GTA V. I still think I spent more time on GTA 2 than GTA V though.Runescape and AQ Worlds have to be the most played online games.I'm pretty sure I just said a load of games no one's ever heard of :biggrin:

TimeSplitters was one of my first FPS I think, but it was just so good because each level was so unique and it was crazy! I didn't even complete GTA V - I thought San Andreas was the best iteration so far to be honest.
Reply 61
The Last of Us is the best I've ever played, it's a great game in terms of action and gameplay but what makes the game so brilliant is the story, it's really quite emotional and engaging.
Reply 62
Original post by PugDevil
TimeSplitters was one of my first FPS I think, but it was just so good because each level was so unique and it was crazy! I didn't even complete GTA V - I thought San Andreas was the best iteration so far to be honest.

I think I've still got TS2 on an emulator, it comes from a time when games were focused on being unique and interesting rather than looking the most real or being the most complicated. I played San Andreas quite a lot on PC but this was long after it was in its peak. Personally, I found the story of GTA V to be great, though maybe this is because I didn't get beyond the "All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!" mission in San Andreas.
Fallout New Vegas is my all time fave.

Although Witcher 3 is really challenging that spot!
Reply 64
Original post by M451
I think I've still got TS2 on an emulator, it comes from a time when games were focused on being unique and interesting rather than looking the most real or being the most complicated. I played San Andreas quite a lot on PC but this was long after it was in its peak. Personally, I found the story of GTA V to be great, though maybe this is because I didn't get beyond the "All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!" mission in San Andreas.

Ain't that the unfortunate truth!

Oh my god, that mission!!! :angry:
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

Easily one of the funniest games I've ever played, it's amazing and classic gameplay notwithstanding.
The first three Spyro games and Red Dead Redemption
Reply 67
Original post by Lord Samosa
The first three Spyro games and Red Dead Redemption

Most sad ending ever mind you :frown:
Tbh the only games I play on Xbox is the minecraft and Star Wars one.

Occasionally I play Fifa (but I'm really crap), and that's only because I'm forced to by my little brother.
Modern warfare 2. It had it all. Great maps (terminal, scrapyard, favela etc), best killstreaks, awesome weapons. All issues could be solved by a 1 vs 1 in rust and at the end it had hacker lobbies and other random things as well...
In no particular order (apart from the first one which I still play to death)

Championship Manager 01/02
Red Dead Redemption
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Pokemon Red
Streets of Rage
Most sad ending ever mind you :frown:

Just shows how good the storyline and character development was, that the ending actually makes you upset :frown:
Age Of Empires II without a doubt.

Skyrim, James Bond 007: Nightfire and Red Faction 2 are up there, also.
Reply 73
Original post by Manitude
Age Of Empires II without a doubt.

Skyrim, James Bond 007: Nightfire and Red Faction 2 are up there, also.

How could I forget?! That was my childhood!
Reply 74
Original post by Lord Samosa
Just shows how good the storyline and character development was, that the ending actually makes you upset :frown:

That sadness was soon replaced by annoyance because you had to play his son :biggrin:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of my favorites, and the most memorable game for me.
Original post by Wilfred Little

I want to play Ocarina Of Time but dunno if it's worth buying an old N64 just for that. Any way to play on PC with my PS4 controller?

You don't need an N64 to play the game. There's a version for the 3DS. There's also a version on the Wii and Wii U virtual console, not to mention a version for the Gamecube.

You can't legally play it on the PC. You'd have to... umm, wear an eyepatch to do that, and you can probably figure out how to do it on your own if you search around for it. I've probably said too much about that already. LOL.
+ Mirror's edge 1 on Xbox 360. :heart: that game shame the 2nd one didn't live up to its expectations. :frown:
Favourite games when I was younger:
Prince Of Persia Warrior Within
Fifa Street 2
TimeSplitters (the one where the purple aliens invade their ship)
Rainbow Six Black arrow
Battlefront games
Star Wars Republic Commando
Sims 2
Runescape (2007-12)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 (this game was so good man)
Mario Galaxy 1
Zelda Twighlight Princess
James Bond Everything Or Nothing
Need For Speed Most Wanted

How tempted am I to just bring out my Xbox Original and Wii just to play these games again
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

Skyrim(foolish Dohvakin), Fallout 4, uncharted(all series), The witcher 3(Geralts hair is to die for), farcry3, Dark souls(my bae)
Black ops 2!! And crash bandicoot

Quick Reply

Latest