The Student Room Group

Online LLB from UCLAN? What is it like?

I will be graduating with a bachelor degree in finance soon and I am looking to pursue a career in law. I saw that the University of Central Lancashire has an online senior status bachelor of laws ( LLB ) that can be completed in two years.

I would like to know if the programme is fully online, along with how it is assessed and any other information from anyone who has any knowledge of the course.
Obviously compare the prices and consider the relative merit of the GDL. Looking at the site it makes mention of part study online, V high % of coursework which should make it easier.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Obviously compare the prices and consider the relative merit of the GDL. Looking at the site it makes mention of part study online, V high % of coursework which should make it easier.

I intend to also pursue the bar in another common wealth country, a GDL will not allow me to do that. I am more interested in a Graduate entry LLB or the standard 3 year LLB.
ok then that would seem like an ideal fit to get round the LLB issue. You didnt give that information in your original post.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
ok then that would seem like an ideal fit to get round the LLB issue. You didnt give that information in your original post.

So do you know anything about UCLAN's online Senior Status LLB?
Reply 5
You can do a graduate LLB at respected institutions like Exeter and Birmingham. They would look far better than a UCLAN online LLB to employers. Where have you done your finance degree?
Reply 6
Original post by ORW
You can do a graduate LLB at respected institutions like Exeter and Birmingham. They would look far better than a UCLAN online LLB to employers. Where have you done your finance degree?

My finance degree was done at a U.S institution. I am really not concerned with the name of the university. I am from a britsh overseas terrioty where the name of a university does not matter. We care more about assessments and how the courses are taught. I just really want to know if anyone has any experience with UCLAN.
Reply 7
Original post by ORW

Plus an online diploma from a traditional uk university will not say that the course was done online. It will be the same diploma that on campus students received.
Reply 8
Original post by Hyperkay
Plus an online diploma from a traditional uk university will not say that the course was done online. It will be the same diploma that on campus students received.

Ok but my point still stands, doing it at a more respectable institution will help you in the long run if you want to go into law.
Reply 9
Original post by ORW
Ok but my point still stands, doing it at a more respectable institution will help you in the long run if you want to go into law.

Well if you can find an online programme from a russel group institution let me know. I need a fully online programme, not blended or partial. My question was more about the course at UCLAN and not if it's respectable or not. UCLAN students still go on to do the BPTC at law schools like City, College of law and Bpp. Where i am from, we care about qualifications, not schools. The reputation of a school is what people want to believe, it does not mean another institution isn't good.

I am not interested in training contracts, or anything like that. The LLB and the BPTC will get me to be a qualified lawyer in my country, regardless of where I got them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending