The Student Room Group

17 year old Muslim girl

I am a 17 year old girl, and I want to move out and live in my own flat, the trouble is I don't know how to tell my parents this and also don't know how to ask them to help me with the money for it either. I want to move out to become independent but the thing is I don't have much money because I can't get a job due to babysitting my brother and sister on a weekend and being in either college or college placement during the week.
What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

A good question.
Reply 2
Original post by JohnGreek
Stay at home?

No, because I want to move out.
Original post by RBalboa
I am a 17 year old girl, and I want to move out and live in my own flat, the trouble is I don't know how to tell my parents this and also don't know how to ask them to help me with the money for it either. I want to move out to become independent but the thing is I don't have much money because I can't get a job due to babysitting my brother and sister on a weekend and being in either college or college placement during the week.
What should I do?

Why dont you want to stay at your home? :colondollar:
maybe wait until you get to the uni step :unsure:
Original post by RBalboa

At 17? Are you sure that's a good idea?
For what reason do you want to move out?

I sympathise with you and I'm sure that there are good reasons, but without parental consent you cannot move out until you are 18 so it may be better for you to hang in there until you're 18 and can move away for university.
Reply 7
Original post by junayd1998
Why dont you want to stay at your home? :colondollar:

I just want to get out, I have had enough
Reply 8
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
For what reason do you want to move out?

I sympathise with you and I'm sure that there are good reasons, but without parental consent you cannot move out until you are 18 so it may be better for you to hang in there until you're 18 and can move away for university.

I know I can move out when im 18, but how do i tell them that i want to do that? Also how do i ask them if i can borrow the money to put the deposit down?
Original post by RBalboa

Well, it isn't going to happen.

You have no money and you are still at school.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, it isn't going to happen.

You have no money and you are a school still.

Why isn't it? And im on my second year of college in September?
Original post by RBalboa
I know I can move out when im 18, but how do i tell them that i want to do that? Also how do i ask them if i can borrow the money to put the deposit down?

Explain to them why you want to go, reassure them you're still their daughter and a good girl and smile extremely sweetly hoping they'll say yes.

Try to get a job over the holidays to save up if you can.
Original post by RBalboa
Why isn't it? And im on my second year of college in September?

I just wrote the reason. You have no money.

If you want to move out then get a job and save up instead of babysitting your sister and etc.
Either take the easy way out and get pregnant in effort to get a council flat and benefits, or forget about it because it's not going to happen.
Reply 14
Original post by DorianGrayism
I just wrote the reason. You have no money.

If you want to move out then get a job and save up instead of babysitting your sister and etc.

I don't have a choice, i have to babysit them as my parents work and my older sister does on a weekend so there is no one to look after them.
Reply 15
Explain to them why you want to go, reassure them you're still their daughter and a good girl and smile extremely sweetly hoping they'll say yes.

Try to get a job over the holidays to save up if you can.

I might try and do that get a job thanks.
Original post by RBalboa
I might try and do that get a job thanks.

Good luck. :smile:
Original post by RBalboa
I don't have a choice, i have to babysit them as my parents work and my older sister does on a weekend so there is no one to look after them.

IF your parents are working weekends then they are not giving you money to move out.
Reply 18
Good luck. :smile:

Thanks
Original post by RBalboa
I just want to get out, I have had enough

Fair enough, but you will prolly change your mind later staying at home would be a better option.

Quick Reply

Latest