The Student Room Group

Can i go to a concert on my own?

A band that I've been waiting years to see have finally announced a London concert in November, trouble is, I've got no one to go with. None of my highschool friends like Bastille (the band) and I don't know if I'll even make friends who like them in Sixth Form either, I start sixth form at a different school in September. Do you think it's socially acceptable to go on my own/ have you ever been to a concert on your own?

Scroll to see replies

yes if you dont have any friends then go on your own :cute:
Reply 2
Original post by exofan123
A band that I've been waiting years to see have finally announced a London concert in November, trouble is, I've got no one to go with. None of my highschool friends like Bastille (the band) and I don't know if I'll even make friends who like them in Sixth Form either, I start sixth form at a different school in September. Do you think it's socially acceptable to go on my own/ have you ever been to a concert on your own?

Most definitely! I go to pretty much all of the concerts I attend by myself and I've lost count of the number of gigs I've been to! No-one honestly cares at all if you're there by yourself! They're there to enjoy the music.:smile:

One thing to take into account though is that some concerts have age restrictions on them if you're attending by yourself - though they're usually if you're aged 14 and under but best to double check anywho ^^

P.S Bastille are amazing (I've seen them 4 times already :ninja:)
(edited 7 years ago)
There is nothing wrong with it. I go to resturants, cinema etc by my self all the time and some people labrl me as a "loner" but oh well.
I enjoy my company more than i would enjoy anyone else's.
I don't see why not :smile: Around 4 years ago I went to a Conor Maynard concert alone as none of my friends had the money to go. I just ended up hanging out at the concert with some other girls I met in the queue

Original post by Deyesy
Most definitely! I go to pretty much all of the concerts I attend by myself and I've lost count of the number of gigs I've been to! No-one honestly cares at all if you're there by yourself! They're there to enjoy the music.:smile:

One thing to take into account though is that some concerts have age restrictions on them if you're attending by yourself - though they're usually if you're aged 14 and under but best to double check anywho ^^

P.S Bastille are amazing (I've seen them 4 times already :ninja:)

Yasss Bastille lovers, I salute you :tongue:
And ofc its acceptable! You might even make some friends :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Yasss Bastille lovers, I salute you :tongue:
And ofc its acceptable! You might even make some friends :wink:

Spoiler

They're only band I've known since before they got big :lol: First time I saw them they didn't sell out a 300 capacity hall :redface:
Original post by Deyesy
They're only band I've known since before they got big :lol: First time I saw them they didn't sell out a 300 capacity hall :redface:

wow! :laugh:
That's really cool. I've never seen them live because I don't like concerts, but they're the first band I ever really liked/connected with/liked all their songs of :wink:
Yay Bastille :biggrin:
Absolutely yes, but do plan it to include travel and accommodation if needed plus a contingency for things like if you lose you wallet. You wont regret going on your own.
Reply 9

YES UES Yes go!!
I always find, at places like this, where everyone has that common interest, it's very easy to make friends and have a good time! :smile:
(Original post by Deyesy)
They're only band I've known since before they got big First time I saw them they didn't sell out a 300 capacity hall
That's really cool. I've never seen them live because I don't like concerts, but they're the first band I ever really liked/connected with/liked all their songs of :wink:

What? Back in the day when they were playing unsigned on Kerrang Radio with Alex Baker #Legend
Ok there's a very complicated way of working out whether you should do something (...legal...) or not, here it is:

Step 1: Are you physically able to do it.
Step 2: Do you want to do it.

If you answered yes then tada there's your answer.

I've been to loads on concerts on my own, it's still a lot of fun though I normally use concerts as an excuse to invite a friend along and hang out with them at the same time :smile:*
Reply 13

Spoiler

Reply 14

Concerts are life. Nothing comes close to them :redface:

Original post by omfgalib
What? Back in the day when they were playing unsigned on Kerrang Radio with Alex Baker #Legend

I discovered them randomly in the summer of 2012 :smile:

Spoiler

If you're 16 and over (which I assume you are since you're at sixth-form) you'll be fine :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes you should!! I've been to a loooot of concerts alone and I have enjoyed every single one of them!

And if you get there a few hours before doors you might even make some friends.
Went to an Imagine Dragons concert by myself and met the lead singer :u:
Reply 17
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
Went to an Imagine Dragons concert by myself and met the lead singer :u:

literal goals
literal goals

Now, no matter what happens I am able to die happy
Original post by Deyesy
Concerts are life. Nothing comes close to them :redface:

Maybe for you :colonhash:

Spoiler