The Student Room Group

Applying with 2 BTECs and an Alevel?

I'm still not entirely sure what I want to study and whether I'm going this year but what's been putting me off is the fact I have two Btecs and one alevel.
I have a Distinction in Business Studies
A Distinction * in Media Studies
Potentially a B in Mathematics but it could be a C
The thing is I told myself I'd get an B in Mathematics so getting a C will really bother me... I've been very tempted towards doing computer science at uni because I enjoyed it at GCSE but I changed it to Business during sixth form because I didn't like the subject itself... I've heard that at uni it is very different however. At the same time I am thinking about a finance degree but I'm not sure whether I'd find that boring and the universities I look at don't explain their modules. Ultimately it's my decision but does anyone have any advice? I've applied for a year long IT apprenticeship and I'm contemplating doing that, whilst potentially resitting my A2 maths, revising at home for them which I'm fully capable of. I don't want to fail CS at university so I'm thinking of spending this gap year learning a language like C++ or Java as well, that way I can justify the year off. I understand that both finance and CS are very demanding courses so I'm just not sure whether it's worth the money or time trying either one. I'll be determined enough to revise each day if need be... Apologies for the paragraph and somewhat unclear question it's just this choice is really bothering me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending