The Student Room Group

Why is the IQ so low in Saudia Arabia (84)?

Why is the IQ so low in Saudia Arabia (84)?

it's one of the richest nations in the world in terms of oil, GDP per capita has more than doubled yet IQ has remained around the same at 84?

70 IQ is seen to be retarded.

Surely with more money = better education, better nutrition = higher IQ

Scroll to see replies

"People who boast about their IQ are losers" - Stephen Hawking.

/thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
*Saudi Arabia

Nice spelling x2 :laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by FireFreezer77
*Saudi Arabia

Nice spelling x2 :laugh:

my bad, using my ohone lol
Reply 4
How was that IQ measured? I question the statistics.
A famous guy once put in his book that the average IQ in Egypt was 82. I went on to see how he arrived at this statistic, turns out his sample size was 16, and mainly made of children. Can you imagine a sample size of 16 being representative of a population of 80 million? Another IQ survey was taken and measured the average IQ to be at around 95-97. So I wouldn't comment on your post until I see the statistic you're basing your question on.

Also, IQ is not just a factor of nutrition and education, it also comes about when natural "maybe artificial?" selection within a society favours the intelligent.
Reply 5
Original post by Bill_Gates

No oroblems.
Reply 6
Malnutrition is still prevalent in Saudi Arabia and, as we know, women aren't allowed to achieve their potential: that's half of the population. There's just not a favourable learning environment there - it's a rich country because of oil, that's it.
Original post by Bill_Gates

*phone :wink:

No worries dude
I.Q. is not necessarily a good measure of intelligence.
one word - Islam.
Original post by viddy9
Malnutrition is still prevalent in Saudi Arabia and, as we know, women aren't allowed to achieve their potential: that's half of the population. There's just not a favourable learning environment there - it's a rich country because of oil, that's it.

Venezuela has more oil than Saudi Arabia and a similar population, but it's much poorer, surely it isn't just down to oil.
ok back on the PC now lol

Original post by Razamataz666
one word - Islam.

in what way?
Original post by viddy9

never knew it still had malnutrition maybe this is for the foreign workers? but without a valid saudi passports they won't come under IQ tests.
Coz of archaic, backward beliefs.
Original post by viddy9

I'm fairly sure Saudi Arabia has more female graduates than male ones. :hmmmm2:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Coz of archaic, backward beliefs.

How exactly? Beliefs can lead to selection of the least intelligent, hence reducing the IQ of a country, but I am genuinely interested in how belief in religion leads to such selection.
Original post by oShahpo
How exactly? Beliefs can lead to selection of the least intelligent, hence reducing the IQ of a country, but I am genuinely interested in how belief in religion leads to such selection.

http://medcraveonline.com/JNSK/JNSK-01-00023.pdf

https://freedomhouse.org/article/revised-saudi-government-textbooks-still-demonize-christians-jews-non-wahhabi-muslims-and?page=70&release=379

The first report says in the conclusion that factors such as education can have an impact on IQ levels.

Saudi Arabia's education has been under a lot of criticism nowadays mainly because Islam plays such a huge part of it and that's meant that graduates in Saudi aren't as creative or good at criticism/analysing as employers would like.
Original post by Hydeman
I'm fairly sure Saudi Arabia has more female graduates than male ones. :hmmmm2:

In comparison to other Arab countries yeah they do.
Original post by Razamataz666
one word - Islam.

funny, it's as if those great Muslim philosophers, mathematicians and scientists never existed...
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
In comparison to other Arab countries yeah they do.

I'm not sure I follow - I meant to say that because there are more female Saudi graduates than male ones, it's not quite true to say that the average IQ/intelligence is low because half the population isn't allowed to highly educate themselves. Saying that doesn't require any comparison with other Arab countries. :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending