Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Making a Murderer is biased?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
  • View Poll Results: Is Steven Avery innocent?

Hi guys!
    I just watched the documentary 'Making a Murderer' on Netflix and found it very thought provoking. I would recommend anyone who hasn't watched it to do so.

The documentary has been accused of being quite biased and I do agree to some extent because they left out some vital details such as the calls that Avery made to Halbach and other evidence on the scene which linked Avery to the crime. I think the series should have shown a more impartial portrayal of the case. There were a lot of issued covered such as corruption and issues with the justice system which I believe was a positive aspect of the series.

The documentary left me feeling very conflicted because, although it showed the flaws within the investigation, the defence failed to disprove the prosecutions theory and prove their own theory that Avery was framed. My overall opinion is that Avery DID kill Halbach, but there was some police corruption involved. But regardless of whether or not Avery killed Teresa Halbach, he nor his nephew (Brendan Dassey) were given a fair trial. I think they should both be given another trial where police actions in the original investigation are further scrutinised.

Please let me know what you thought of the show and your opinions regarding Avery and Dassey's innocence.

Thank you
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.