The Student Room Group

Studying early for Mathematics at University

I'm wanting to begin studying mathematics at a university level to go through the basics and learn some new maths concepts. I'm not sure how to go about starting this or what resources I can use.

The topics I am interested in are:

If anyone has any resources for learning any of these it will be highly appreciated, things such as youtube videos, websites, lectures, etc, are all great.

@SeanFM you're the only person on here I know doing maths at university, can you help?
(edited 7 years ago)
This is probably what you're looking for

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4190871
Reply 2
Original post by Sayless
I'm wanting to begin studying mathematics at a university level to go through the basics and learn some new maths concepts. I'm not sure how to go about starting this or what resources I can use.

If anyone has any resources for learning any of these it will be highly appreciated, things such as youtube videos, websites, lectures, etc, are all great.

@SeanFM you're the only person on here I know doing maths at university, can you help?

I've also applied for Maths for this September, and I'm just doing STEP papers over the summers to improve my problem solving skills (as well as my understanding of topics I've learn't throughout A level Maths and FM).

Check this thread out, and also try MIT Opencourseware (they have lots of video tutorials for undergrad Maths).

Edit: if you browse the module syllabus, and then type in the name of particular topic on google followed by .pdf afterwards you'll obtain pdf documents (also book).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sayless

It is important to note that it is not necessary to study ahead, or get too caught up in studies at uni - it's more than just about academia.

You'd be best off clicking on those modules, finding what they're about and searching the internet for notes- or better yet, the notes for those modules, and they should be fairly self contained and you study them as normal.
Reply 4
Thanks, I'll spend some time looking for the pdf resources specific to the topics.
@SeanFM thanks for that, yeah i agree it's not all about academia, this is purely for the joy of learning maths

Quick Reply

Latest